Who: Houston Astros at Boston Red Sox
Time: October 20, 2021, 5:08 EST
Venue: Fenway Park –Boston, MA
Houston at Boston Odds
Moneyline: Houston +110 | Boston -130
Spread: Houston +1.5 (-184) | Boston -1.5 (+152)
Total: Over 9.5 (-112) | Under 9.5 (-108)
Houston at Boston Betting Preview
Game five of the American League Championship Series is set for Wednesday, October 20, 2021, when the Houston Astros visit the Boston Red Sox. The series is tied at two and Wednesday could decide the World Series participant. This game will air alive on FS1 at 5:08 p.m. EST.
The Astros took a 1-0 series lead after a come from behind 5-4 win in game one. Boston led 3-1, but Houston scored four runs inbetween the sixth and eighth innings to get the crucial win.
Boston ran away with game two w, winning 9-5 and evening up this ALCS. The Red Sox hit a grand slam in the first and second inning to take an early 8-0 lead and comfortably get the win.
The Boston bats stayed hot in game three as they ran away with a 12-3 win. Kyle Schwarber his a grand slam in the bottom of the second inning and it was the Red Sox third grand slam in two days. Boston scored 12 runs on 11 hits in game three.
Boston was on the verge of taking a commanding 3-1 series lead, but the Houston bats got hot late and the Astros won 9-2. The Red Sox led 2-1 heading into the 8th inning, but a Jose Altuve solo home run tied it up heading into the ninth. The floodgates opened in the final frame as Houston scored seven runs and ran away with the game.
Below is the MLB pick for Boston and Houston.
Houston at Boston Betting Stats and Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Houston’s last 7 games.
- Houston are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston.
- Houston are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games this season.
- Houston are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the American League
Boston Red Sox
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Boston’s last 7 games.
- Boston are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 6 games against Houston.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing at home against Houston.
- Boston are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games this season.
- Boston are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the American League.
Houston at Boston Pitching Preview
Pitching Preview: Framber Valdez vs Chris Sale
Framber Valdez is set to make his third appearance of the postseason, second of the ALCS, as he gets the nod in this crucial game four. Valdez appeared in game one of this series and pitched to a no-decision after allowing six hits and two earned runs in 2.2 innings. The Astros have won both appearances by Valdez this postseason.
Chris Sale is also set to make his third appearance of the postseason, and second of the ALCS, as he hopes to give Boston a 3-2 series lead. Sale pitched to a no-decision when he allowed five hits and one earned run in the Red Sox 5-4 game one loss. The Red Sox are 1-1 in Chris Sales’ two postseason appearances.