Cubs vs Giants Betting Odds
When: July 29, 2022, at 10:15 p.m. EDT
Venue: Oracle Park – San Francisco, CA
Cubs vs Giants Betting Preview
A National League battle continues Friday night when the San Francisco Giants (49-50, 27-22 home) host the Chicago Cubs (40-58, 20-28 away). Chicago is way out of the playoff race, but San Francisco is just three games back of the final NL Wild Card spot. This game will air live on Apple TV+.
Patrick Wisdom has been mashing for Chicago as he leads the team with 18 home runs and 49 RBIs. Nico Hoerner has a team high .302 batting average this season. The Cubs are hitting .245 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.37 ERA and 1.33 WHIP.
Bet $5 Win $200
Risk Free Bet
Joc Pederson is the main power source for San Francisco as he leads the team with 17 home runs and Wilmer Flores leads the way with 53 RBIs. Thairo Estrada has a team high .265 batting average on the season. The Giants are batting .234 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.89 ERA and 1.28 WHIP.
Cubs vs Giants Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’ last 5 games.
- Chi Cubs are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- Chi Cubs are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games against San Francisco.
- Chi Cubs are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against San Francisco.
- Chi Cubs are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’ last 6 games against an opponent in the National League West Division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi Cubs’ last 7 games played in July.
- San Francisco are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games against Chi Cubs.
- San Francisco are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- San Francisco are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games played on a Friday.
Find the latest new user welcome bonuses, sports betting promotions in our sportsbook bonus section.
Cubs vs Giants Pick & Prediction
Last time out, San Francisco ended their long losing streak with a 4-2-win Thursday night. The Giants scored three runs in the third inning and that was all they needed as the Cubs bats were silent until the seventh inning.
Patrick Wisdom went 1-3 with one home run, two RBIs and one run scored in the loss. Yermin Mercedes went 2-3 with two RBIs in the San Francisco win. Alex Wood improved to 7-8, Justin Steele fell to 4-7 and Camilo Doval saved his 13th game of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Marcus Stroman (2-5, 4.38 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) vs Alex Cobb (3-4, 4.26 ERA, 1.33 WHIP)