Who: Atlanta Braves at Los Angles Dodgers
Time: October 21, 2021, 8:08 EST
Venue: Dodger Stadium – Los Angeles, CA
Atlanta at Los Angeles Odds
Moneyline: Atlanta +116 | Los Angeles -136
Spread: Atlanta +1.5 (-184) | Los Angeles -1.5 (+152)
Total: Over 8.0 (-114) | Under 8.0 (-106)
Atlanta at Los Angeles Betting Preview
The first ticket to the World Series could be punched when the Atlanta Braves visit the Los Angeles Dodgers in game five of the NLCS. The Braves lead the series 3-1 and are one game away from knocking out the defending World Series champions, a familiar story to last season that saw Los Angeles come back and win in seven games. This game will air live on TBS at 8:08 p.m. EST.
Game one was tight and saw Atlanta walk it off 3-2 for the win. The game was tied at two until Austin Riley singled home Ozzie Albies in the bottom of the ninth for the win.
Atlanta walked it off again in game two and took a 2-0 series lead after a 5-4 win Sunday night. Los Angeles led 4-2 heading into the bottom of the 8th, but Atlanta scored three runs in the final two innings to get the win. Eddie Rosario singles home Dansby Swanson to walk it off.
It looked like Atlanta was going to take a commanding 3-0 series lead, but Los Angeles had a late comeback to take a 6-5 win. The Braves led 5-2 heading into the bottom of the 8th, but a Cody Bellinger three-run home run, and a Mookie Betts RBI double, saw the Dodgers take a 6-5 lead.
Atlanta came ready to play in game four, jumping out to a 4-0 lead, and took a 3-1 series lead with a 9-2 win Wednesday night. Eddie Rosario raked as he went 4/5 with two home runs, one triple, one single, three runs, and four RBIs.
Below is the MLB pick for Atlanta and Los Angeles.
Atlanta at Los Angeles Betting Stats and Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games.
- Atlanta are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- Atlanta are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games on the road.
- Atlanta are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
Los Angeles Dodgers
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of LA Dodgers’ last 15 games.
- LA Dodgers are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games.
- LA Dodgers are 18-2 SU in their last 20 games at home.
- LA Dodgers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Atlanta.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’ last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of LA Dodgers’ last 15 games against an opponent in the National League.
Atlanta at Los Angeles Pitching Preview
Pitching Preview: Max Fried vs Bullpen Game
Max Fried is set to make his third start of the postseason, second of the NLCS, in this crucial game five. Fried started game one of this series and got a no-decision after allowing eight hits and two earned runs in six innings pitched. The Dodgers have won both of Fried’s start this postseason, and a third would punch their ticket to the World Series.
Los Angeles has none of their horses ready for this game five, so this is expected to be a bullpen game. Corey Knebel will likely get his third start of the postseason.