Brewers vs Padres Betting Odds
When: May 23, 2022, at 9:40 p.m. EDT
Venue: Petco Park – San Diego, CA
Brewers vs Padres Betting Preview
A National League showdown begins Monday night when the Milwaukee Brewers (26-15, 12-9 away) visit the San Diego Padres (27-14, 10-7 home). This very well could be a National League Championship Series preview as they are two of the better teams in the league. These two teams will play seven games over the next few weeks.
Hunter Renfroe is leading the Brewers with a .268 batting average and nine home runs through 41 games. Rowdy Tellez has knocked in a team high 32 RBIs this season. Milwaukee is hitting .238 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.34 ERA and 1.17 WHIP.
Manny Machado is having an MVP type season and he leads the Padres with a .374 batting average, eight home runs and 27 RBIs. San Diego is batting .228 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.53 ERA and 1.15 WHIP.
Brewers vs Padres Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Milwaukee’s last 18 games.
- Milwaukee are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- Milwaukee are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games against San Diego.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games when playing on the road against San Diego.
- Milwaukee are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League West Division.
- Milwaukee are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games played on a Monday.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego’s last 6 games.
- San Diego are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Diego’s last 11 games against Milwaukee.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of San Diego’s last 16 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego’s last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee.
- San Diego are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- San Diego are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games against an opponent in the National League Central
Brewers vs Padres Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Milwaukee could not complete the sweep as they lost 8-2 to Washington. The Nationals put up six runs on the board in the fourth inning and never looked back. Tyrone Taylor went 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and one run scored in the loss. Aaron Sanchez improved to 3-3 and Freddy Peralta fell to 3-2 on the season.
San Diego finished off the weekend sweep with a 10-1 win over San Francisco. The Padres scored in five of the first six innings and were never challenged in their Sunday blowout win. Manny Machado went 4-4 with one triple, one double, one walk, two RBIs and three runs scored. MacKenzie Gore improved to 3-1 and Alex Wood dropped to 3-3 on the season.
Pitching Matchup: Adrian Houser (3-4, 3.22 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) vs Nick Martinez (2-2, 3.89 ERA, 1.33 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!