Two teams playing for different reasons begin a three-game series on Friday, August 27, 2021, when the Milwaukee Brewers (78-50, 42-41 away) visit the Minnesota Twins (55-72, 30-33 home). The Brewers are gearing up for a postseason run and Minnesota is just playing out the string. This game will air live on MLB Network at 8:10 p.m. EST.
Milwaukee holds a big lead in the National League Central as they are 8.5 games ahead of the Cincinnati Reds. The Brewers are steamrolling this division and are just 5.5 games back of the San Francisco Giants for the best record in the NL.
Minnesota, on the other hand, have the third worst record in the American League and sit dead last in the AL Central, 18 games behind the first place Chicago White Sox.
Below is my pick for the Interleague action between the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins. All odds are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
Milwaukee Brewers (-134) at Minnesota Twins (+114): 9.5 O/U (-104/-118)
Pitching Matchup: Eric Lauer (4-4, 3.59 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) vs Andrew Albers (0-0, 2.25 ERA, 0.75 WHIP)
Milwaukee Brewers Betting Trends
- Milwaukee are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Milwaukee are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against Minnesota.
- Milwaukee are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota.
- Milwaukee are 12-4 SU in their last 16 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games when playing as the favourite.
Minnesota Twins Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 7 games.
- Minnesota are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Minnesota are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games this season.
- Minnesota are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the National League.
Eric Lauer prepares to start his 14th game for the Milwaukee Brewers and will look to continue his string of strong performances. In his last five appearances, four starts, Lauer has allowed seven earned runs and 17 hits in 21.1 innings of work.
Andrew Albers is set to make his second appearance of the season and will look to have his second consecutive solid start. Albers made his season debut on 8/19 and held the New York Yankees to two hits and one earned run in four innings of work. The veteran lefty spent the last three seasons playing in Japan.
Series Recap: These two teams opened the season against each other and have gone drastically different way since. Minnesota won game two, 2-0, and game three, 8-2, to take the series win. Milwaukee opened the season with a 6-5 win over Minnesota.
Prediction: Give me Milwaukee -134 Friday night.