Dodgers vs Cubs Betting Odds
When: May 8, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. EDT
Venue: Wrigley Field – Chicago, IL
Dodgers vs Cubs Betting Preview
A weekend series concludes on Sunday Night Baseball when the Los Angeles Dodgers (18-7, 9-5 away) visit the Chicago Cubs (9-17, 4-10 home). Los Angeles is looking to finish off the sweep and win their sixth consecutive game. This game will air live on ESPN.
The Dodgers are balanced at the dish and are led by Freddie Freeman’s .316 batting average, Mookie Betts and his five home runs, and Trea Turner’s 20 RBIs. Los Angeles is hitting .237 and the pitchers have recorded an impressive 2.11 ERA and 0.93 WHIP.
Patrick Wisdom is the main power source for Chicago as he leads the team with five home runs and 15 RBIs. Nico Hoerner has a team high .289 batting average. The Cubs are batting .235 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.32 ERA and 1.32 WHIP.
Dodgers vs Cubs Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’ last 5 games.
- LA Dodgers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- LA Dodgers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games against Chi Cubs.
- LA Dodgers are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers’ last 5 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs.
- LA Dodgers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of LA Dodgers’ last 11 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division division.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- Chi Cubs are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games.
- Chi Cubs are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’ last 5 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers.
- Chi Cubs are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs’ last 5 games against an opponent in the National League West Division division.
Dodgers vs Cubs Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Los Angeles took game two with a 6-2 win on Saturday. The Cubs took a 1-0 first inning lead, but the Dodgers quickly erased that with a four-run top half of the second inning. Mookie Betts had a big game with one home run, one run and five RBIs. Tyler Anderson improved to 3-0 and Daniel Norris dropped to 0-2 this season.
Pitching Matchup: Walker Buehler (3-1, 2.12 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) vs Marcus Stroman (1-3, 5-13 ERA, 1.18 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!