Astros vs Athletics Betting Odds
When: June 01, 2022, at 3:37 p.m. EDT
Venue: Oakland Coliseum – Oakland, CA
Astros vs Athletics Betting Preview
An American League West battle continues Wednesday afternoon when the Houston Astros (32-18, 18-12 away) visit the Oakland Athletics (20-32, 7-19 home). Houston should be playing deep into the postseason, while the A’s will be battling for the first overall pick. This game will air live on ESPN+.
The Astros have been balanced at the dish as they are led by Yordan Alvarez’s 14 home runs and 29 RBIs. Jeremy Pena has a team high .281 batting average. Houston is hitting .228 and the pitchers have recorded a 2.82 ERA and 1.13 WHIP.
Oakland has been poor at the plate but are led by Sean Murphy’s five home runs and Seth Brown’s 23 RBIs. Tony Kemp, somehow, has a team high .244 batting average. The Athletics are batting .213 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.10 ERA and 1.28 WHIP.
Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 6 games.
- Houston are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- Houston are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Oakland.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland.
- Houston are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the American League.
- Houston are 12-3 SU in their last 15 games against an opponent in the American League West Division
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- Oakland are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Oakland are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games when playing at home against Houston.
- Oakland are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oakland’s last 7 games played in June.
Astros vs Athletics Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Houston took game two of this series with a 3-1 win on Tuesday. This game was tied at one heading into the top of the eighth inning, but a Chas McCormick solo shot gave the Astros the lead and Alex Bregman gave them some insurance. Rafael Montero improved to 3-0, Frankie Montas dropped to 2-5 and Ryan Pressley recorded his ninth save of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Justin Verlander (6-2, 2.03 ERA, 0.83 WHIP) vs Cole Irvin (2-2, 3.15 ERA, 1.20 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!