Astros vs Yankees Betting Odds
When: June 23, 2022, at 7:05 p.m. EDT
Venue: Yankee Stadium – Bronx, NY
Astros vs Yankees Betting Preview
A potential ALCS preview begins Thursday night when the Houston Astros (43-25, 23-14 away) visit the New York Yankees (51-18, 29-7 home). Both teams feel like they have already wrapped up their division, so they will be battling it our for home field advantage in the playoffs the rest of the season.
Yordan Alvarez has been doing it all for the Astros as he leads the team with a .315 batting average, 21 home runs and 51 RBIs this season. Houston is hitting .239 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.04 ERA and 1.13 WHIP.
Aaron Judge wants the MVP this season and he leads the Yankees with a .302 batting average, 27 home runs and 52 RBIs. New York is hitting .246 and the pitching staff has combined for a 2.90 ERA and 1.06 WHIP.
Astros vs Yankees Betting Trends
- Houston are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- Houston are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against NY Yankees.
- Houston are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games on the road.
- Houston are 5-11 SU in their last 16 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Houston’s last 8 games played on a Thursday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games played on a Thursday when on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’ last 6 games.
- NY Yankees are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games.
- NY Yankees are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- NY Yankees are 11-5 SU in their last 16 games when playing at home against Houston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’ last 6 games against an opponent in the American League West Division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’ last 5 games when playing as the favorite.
Visit our MLB section for daily MLB Predictions!
Astros vs Yankees Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Houston finished off their sweep of the Mets with a 5-3 win on Wednesday. The Astros scored four runs in the bottom of the first inning and used solid pitching to hold off New York the rest of the way. Yordan Alvarez went 2-4 with two home runs, two RBIs and two runs scored in the win. Luis Garcia improved to 5-5, Carlos Carrasco dropped to 8-3 and Ryan Pressly notched his 14th save of the season.
New York won their series at Tampa with a 5-4 win in their series finale. The Yankees scored four runs in between the sixth and eighth innings to get earn the come from behind win on Wednesday. Aaron Judge went 2-5 with two home runs, two RBIs and two runs scored in the win. Clarke Schmidt is now 4-2, Ralph Garza Jr fell to 0-2 and Clay Holmes recorded his 12th save of 2022.
Pitching Matchup: Framber Valdez (7-3, 2.78 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) vs Jameson Taillon (8-1, 2.70 ERA, 1.05 WHIP)