Nationals vs Phillies Betting Odds
When: August 05, 2022, at 7:05 p.m. EDT
Venue: Citizens Bank Park – Philadelphia, PA
Nationals vs Phillies Betting Preview
A National League East battle continues Friday night when the Washington Nationals (36-70, 19-30 away) visit the Philadelphia Phillies (57-48, 27-25 home). The Phillies are well out of the NL East race, but currently are tied for the final NL Wild Card spot with the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals. This game will air live on Apple TV+.
The new look Washington Nationals do not have much offense going on right now. Their major offensive leaders, Juan Soto, and Josh Bell are now in the middle of a playoff race for the San Diego Padres. The Nats are hitting .247 and the pitching staff has posted a 5.15 ERA and 1.46 WHIP.
Risk Free Bet
Bet $5 Win $200
Kyle Schwarber has been mashing this season as he has hit a team high 33 home runs and knocked in 66 RBIs. Alec Bohm leads the way with a .296 batting average. Philadelphia is batting .247 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.82 ERA and 1.22 WHIP.
Nationals vs Phillies Betting Trends
- Washington are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- Washington are 2-15 SU in their last 17 games against Philadelphia.
- Washington are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games on the road.
- Washington are 6-12 SU in their last 18 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games against an opponent in the National League East Division.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games played in August.
- Philadelphia are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Philadelphia’s last 17 games against Washington.
- Philadelphia are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Washington.
- Philadelphia are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Philadelphia’s last 10 games played in August.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games played on a Friday.
Get the latest new user sports betting bonuses go to our sportsbook promotion and bonus section.
Nationals vs Phillies Pick & Prediction
Last time out, the Phillies came from behind and won a rain-shortened game 5-4. It was a wet one in Philadelphia Thursday night, but the Phillies scored four runs in the third inning, to erase a 2-1 deficit, and got the win when the game was called after the top of the fifth inning.
Luke Voit went 2-3 with one RBI and one run scored in the loss. Rhys Hoskins went 2-2 with one home run, two RBIs and two runs scored in the win. Noah Syndergaard improved to 6-8, in his first start with Philadelphia, and Paolo Espino fell to 0-4 on the season.
Pitching Matchup: Josiah Gray (7-7, 4.59 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) vs Kyle Gibson (6-4, 4.60 ERA, 1.23 WHIP)