Tigers vs Astros Betting Odds
When: May 7, 2022, at 4:05 p.m. EDT
Venue: Minute Maid Park – Houston, TX
Tigers vs Astros Betting Preview
An American League battle continues Saturday afternoon when the Detroit Tigers (8-17, 3-8 away) visit the Houston Astros (16-11, 7-4 home). The Tigers were struggled heading into this series and that has continued with Houston taking the first two games. This game will air live on FS1.
The offense has been nonexistent for the Tigers early on as they are led by Austin Meadows .284 batting average, Spencer Torkleson’s three home runs, and Javy Baez and his 11 RBIs. Detroit is hitting
Houston hasn’t been much better at the dish as they are led by Michael Brantley’s .280 batting average, Yordan Alvarez and his eight home runs, and Alex Bregman’s 16 RBIs. The Astros are batting
Tigers vs Astros Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games.
- Detroit are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games.
- Detroit are 6-13 SU in their last 19 games against Houston.
- Detroit are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games on the road.
- Detroit are 7-13 SU in their last 20 games when playing on the road against Houston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Detroit’s last 11 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit’s last 9 games against an opponent in the American League West Division division.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games.
- Houston are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 5 games against Detroit.
- Houston are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Houston are 13-7 SU in their last 20 games when playing at home against Detroit.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Houston’s last 12 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 6 games played in May.
Tigers vs Astros Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Houston took game two of this series with a 3-2 win. All the action happened early in this one as all five runs were scored in the second and third innings. Martin Maldonado ended up getting this game winning solo home run in the bottom half of that second inning. Luis Garcia improved to 2-1, Beau Brieske dropped to 0-2, and Rafael Montero notched his third save of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Eduardo Rodriguez (0-2, 5.33 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) vs Framber Valdez (1-2, 3.42 ERA, 1.22 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!