Reds vs Brewers Betting Odds
When: August 05, 2022, at 8:10 p.m. EDT
Venue: American Family Field – Milwaukee, WI
Reds vs Brewers Betting Preview
A National League Central battle begins Friday night when the Cincinnati Reds (42-62, 18-30 away) visit the Milwaukee Brewers (57-48, 26-20 home). The Reds are out of the playoff race and the Brewers now find themselves in second place in the NL Central, though they are tied with the St. Louis Cardinals. This game will air live on Apple TV+.
Brandon Drury is having a nice season for the Reds as he leads the team with 20 home runs, 59 RBIs and a .274 batting average. One issue with that, however, is that Drury is now a San Diego Padre, and a big chunk of the Reds offense is gone. Cincinnati is hitting .240 and the pitchers have combined for a 5.01 ERA and 1.40 WHIP.
Risk Free Bet
Bet $5 Win $200
Willy Adames has been the power source for the Brewers as he leads the team with 21 home runs and Rowdy Tellez has a team high 68 RBIs. Christian Yelich has a team high .261 batting average. Milwaukee is hitting .241 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.89 ERA and 1.26 WHIP.
Reds vs Brewers Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games.
- Cincinnati are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Cincinnati are 3-12 SU in their last 15 games against Milwaukee.
- Cincinnati are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Cincinnati are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games played in August.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee’s last 5 games.
- Milwaukee are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Milwaukee’s last 9 games against Cincinnati.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games at home.
- Milwaukee are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Cincinnati.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Milwaukee’s last 8 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Milwaukee are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division.
Get the latest new user sports betting bonuses go to our sportsbook promotion and bonus section.
Reds vs Brewers Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Cincinnati could not finish off the sweep in Miami as they lost 3-0 on Wednesday. The Reds had to face Sandy Alcantara and were held to just six hits in nine innings. Miami scored one run in fourth and two in the fifth to get the win. Joey Votto went 2-4 with in the loss. Alcantara improved to 10-4 and Mike Minor fell to 1-8 on the season.
Milwaukee was swept in Pittsburgh after losing 5-4 on Thursday. The Pirates tied the game up in the eighth inning to send this one to extras, and then came back from one down in the 10th to finish off the surprising sweep. Mike Brosseau went 1-3 with one home run, two RBIs and one run scored in the loss. Duane Underwood Jr. improved to 1-3 and Matt Bush fell to 2-2 on the season.
Pitching Matchup: Robert Dugger (0-0, 4.05 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) vs Eric Lauer (7-3, 3.75 ERA, 1.21 WHIP)