Reds vs Cubs Betting Odds
When: June 29, 2022, at 8:05 p.m. EDT
Venue: Wrigley Field – Chicago, IL
Reds vs Cubs Betting Preview
A National League Central series continues Wednesday night when the Cincinnati Reds (26-47, 14-24 away) visit the Chicago Cubs (28-46, 13-26 home). These two teams are at the bottom of the division and it’s going to be a long Summer for these fans. This game will air live on ESPN+.
Brandon Drury is having a nice season for the Reds as he leads the team with 15 home runs and 39 RBIs. Kyle Farmer has a team high .280 batting average. Cincinnati is hitting .241 and the pitchers have combined for a 5.32 ERA and 1.41 WHIP.
Risk Free Bet
Bet $5 Win $200
Patrick Wisdom has been mashing as he leads the Cubs with 14 home runs and 37 RBIs. Ian Happ has a team high .273 batting average. Chicago is hitting .245 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.85 ERA and 1.35 WHIP.
Reds vs Cubs Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games.
- Cincinnati are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games.
- Cincinnati are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs.
- Cincinnati are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Cincinnati’s last 15 games played in June.
- Chi Cubs are 5-15 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chi Cubs’ last 10 games against Cincinnati.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’ last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’ last 5 games when playing at home against Cincinnati.
- Chi Cubs are 5-12 SU in their last 17 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Chi Cubs are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division.
Cubs fans! Get in on the MLB betting action with BetMGM’s exclusive Bet and Get promotion, simply Bet $10 win $200 if either team hits a homerun in the game!
Reds vs Cubs Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Cincinnati won the first game of this series with a 5-3 win on Tuesday. This game was tied at zero until the sixth inning when the Reds got on the board with two runs. Cincinnati led 5-0 before the Cubs decided to show up and put up three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning.
Jonathan Indian went 2-5 with one home run, three RBIs and two runs in the win. Willson Contreras went 2-4 with one walk and one RBIS in the loss. Luis Castillo improved to 3-4, Keegan Thompson dropped to 7-3 and Hunter Strickland saved his fourth game of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Hunter Greene (3-8, 5.66 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) vs Justin Steele (2-5, 4.59 ERA, 1.45 WHIP)