Cubs vs Padres Betting Odds
When: May 9, 2022, at 9:40 p.m. EDT
Venue: Petco Park – San Diego, CA
Cubs vs Padres Betting Preview
A National League series begins Monday night when the Chicago Cubs (9-18, 5-7 away) visit the San Diego Padres (19-10, 9-5 home). San Diego will be battling for the NL West title, while Chicago will be fighting to finish third in the NL Central. This game will air live on ESPN+.
Patrick Wisdom has been the main power source for Chicago as he leads the team with five home runs and 15 RBIs. Nico Hoerner is leading the team with a .287 batting average. The Cubs are batting .235 and the pitchers have recorded a 4.32 ERA and 1.32 WHIP.
Manny Machado is having an MVP type start to 2022 as he leads the Padres with a .385 batting average, seven home runs and 21 RBIs. San Diego is hitting .223 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.60 ERA and 1.16 WHIP.
Cubs vs Padres Betting Trends
- Chi Cubs are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- Chi Cubs are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against San Diego.
- Chi Cubs are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games on the road.
- Chi Cubs are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games when playing on the road against San Diego.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs’ last 6 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi Cubs’ last 9 games against an opponent in the National League West Division division.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of San Diego’s last 13 games.
- San Diego are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of San Diego’s last 13 games at home.
- San Diego are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- San Diego are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division division.
Cubs vs Padres Pick & Prediction
Last time out, the Cubs lost 7-1 to Los Angeles on Sunday Night Baseball. Chicago jumped out to 1-0 lead, but the Dodgers scored seven runs over the final six innings to finish off the sweep. Walker Buehler improved to 4-1 and Justin Steele dropped to 1-4 this season.
San Diego won their four-game series over Miami with a 3-2 win on Sunday. The Padres were facing defeat until a Jorge Alfaro pinch hit three-run home run walked it off and gave San Diego the win. Robert Suarez improve to 2-1 and Cole Sulser dropped to 0-1 this season.
Pitching Matchup: Kyle Hendricks (1-3, 5.64 ERA, 1.48 WHIP) vs Mike Clevinger (0-0, 5.79 ERA, 1.50 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!