Braves vs Brewers Betting Odds
When: May 16, 2022, at 7:40 p.m. EDT
Venue: American Family Field – Milwaukee, WI
Braves vs Brewers Betting Preview
A National League battle begins Monday night when the Atlanta Braves (16-19, 6-8 away) visit the Milwaukee Brewers (22-13, 10-4 home). The Brewers have started off strong this season, while the Braves are still working off their World Series hangover. This game will air live on ESPN+.
Atlanta has been balanced at the dish as they are led by Matt Olson’s .262 batting average and Austin Riley’s seven home runs. Dansby Swanson has knocked in a team high 16 RBIs. The Braves are batting .228 and the pitchers have recorded a 4.15 ERA and 1.27 WHIP.
The Brewers are also balanced at the plate, and they are led by Kolten Wong’s .257 batting average and Hunter Renfroe’s nine home runs. Rowdy Tellez has knocked in a team high 29 RBIs this season. Milwaukee is hitting .236 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.65 ERA and 1.21 WHIP.
Braves vs Brewers Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games.
- Atlanta are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against Milwaukee.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee.
- Atlanta are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division.
- Atlanta are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games.
- Milwaukee are 12-6 SU in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta.
- Milwaukee are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games played on a Monday.
- Milwaukee are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games when playing as the favorite.
Braves vs Brewers Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Atlanta lost their weekend series with a 7-3 loss to San Diego. The final score is not indicative of the game as the Padres scored four runs in the top of the 10th to get the comfortable win. Wil Myers went 2-5 with three RBIS and one run scored in the win. Dansby Swanson went 2-4 with one home run, one walk, two RBIs and two runs in the loss. Nabil Crismatt improved to 2-0 and Jackson Stephens is now 0-1 on the season.
Milwaukee won their weekend series with a 7-3 win against Miami on Sunday. The Marlins were winning 3-1 heading into the fifth inning, but the Brewers put up a four spot and added some insurance runs later. Rowdy Tellez went 2-4 with one home run, one walk, two RBIs and one run scored in the win. Jorge Solar hit another bomb in the loss. Brandon Woodruff improved to 4-2, Elieser Hernandez dropped to 2-3, and Aaron Ashby recorded his first save of 2022.
Pitching Matchup: Ian Anderson (3-1, 4.20 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) vs Freddy Peralta (2-1, 4.40 ERA, 1.26 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!