One of tonight’s bigger games will feature the Milwaukee Bucks playing against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Both of these squads feature a bonafide superstar, but we won’t see one of them tonight. Regardless, both teams have jumped out to early winning records and will look to improve on them tonight. Will the Timberwolves devour the Bucks, or will the canines be given reason to fear the deer? Let’s find out!
Game Odds By PointsBet: Milwaukee Bucks -6.5 Total 229.5
Milwaukee Bucks (4-2) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (4-1)
The Bucks had a rough few games so start the season, but they’re back to their winning ways. It looks like losing Malcolm Brogdon to Indiana surely is having an effect, especially considering how well he is producing with his new team. Reigning MVP Giannis isn’t currently dominating as much as he did last year, but he is still playing like a top 10 player in the league. Milwaukee will need more from him tonight to beat a surging Minnesota lineup.
- After losing to Boston, the Bucks have won their last two games against Orlando and Toronto.
- 5 players are currently averaging double digits in scoring, including Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Brook Lopez, and George Hill.
- Through 6 games, Giannis is averaging 26.7 points, 13.8 points, 7.7 assists, 1.3 steals, and 1.8 blocks on 8% shooting.
- George Hill has been excellent off the bench so far, averaging 10 points, 3.7 assists, and a steal on 57.5% shooting from the field and 47.1% from downtown.
- However, their starting point guard, Eric Bledsoe, must step up if the Bucks want to play into June. He is currently averaging 12.3 points and 4.7 assists on just 40.8% shooting overall and 23.1% from beyond the arc.
- Two areas where Milwaukee really excel includes their offense and rebounding. Offensively, they rank 2nd in the league for points at 2 per game and 3rd for field goal percentage at 47.5%. They lead the league in rebounding with 50.7 per outing.
- The Bucks have covered the point spread in 4 of their 6 games, including their last 2 games.
The T-wolves have definitely been a surprise team this season, jumping out to an early 80% win rate in their first 5 games. Much of this has to do with Karl-Anthony Towns finally asserting himself as a dominant force in the league. Unfortunately Minnesota will be missing their superstar tonight, but hopefully someone like Andrew Wiggins can step up again in his absence. Facing one of last year’s best squads, the Timberwolves will need any contributions that they can get.
- Karl-Anthony Towns will miss tonight’s game as he serves out the final game of his 2-game suspension for fighting with Joel Embiid.
- Minnesota actually won their last game against Washington after losing to the 76ers despite not having KAT.
- The T-wolves also have 5 players averaging double digit scoring, including Towns, Wiggins, Teague, Covington, and Dieng.
- Without Towns, their best performer has been Jeff Teague. He is averaging 13.8 points, 7 assists, and 1.4 steals on 51.1% shooting.
- Andrew Wiggins has also been pretty good, but still struggles with shooting percentage and sharing the ball. He is averaging 20.4 points and 2 assists on 42.2% shooting overall and only 28.1% from deep.
- Minnesota excels at forcing opponents into turning the ball over, 2nd in the league in that department. Their opponents are averaging 19 turnovers against them.
- The Timberwolves have covered the point spread in 4 of their 5 games, only failing to do so in their sole loss.
Pick: Milwaukee Bucks -5.5
While Minnesota does have the better record here, they are definitely the weaker of the two teams. Milwaukee won 60 games last season and should be on track for another 50+ wins this year. Add in the fact that the Timberwolves are missing KAT tonight as he finishes out his suspension and this matchup becomes pretty lopsided. This is why you should lay the points tonight and bet on the Milwaukee Bucks to win.