Padres vs Phillies Betting Odds
When: May 18, 2022, at 6:45 p.m. EDT
Venue: Citizens Bank Park – Philadelphia, PA
Padres vs Phillies Betting Preview
A National League series continues Wednesday night when the San Diego Padres (23-13, 13-6 away) visit the Philadelphia Phillies (17-19, 9-10 home). San Diego is second in the West and Philadelphia is tied for second in the East.
Manny Machado is having an MVP type season and he leads San Diego with a .356 batting average and seven home runs. Eric Hosmer has a team high 24 RBIs. The Padres are hitting .228 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.65 ERA and 1.15 WHIP.
Bryce Harper may have a torn UCL, but that is not affecting his hitting as he leads the Phillies with nine home runs and 27 RBIs. Alec Bohm leads the way with a .313 batting average. Philadelphia is batting .253 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.08 ERA and 1.27 WHIP.
Padres vs Phillies Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Diego’s last 6 games.
- San Diego are 13-6 SU in their last 19 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of San Diego’s last 12 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia.
- San Diego are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games against an opponent in the National League.
- San Diego are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League East Division
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games.
- Philadelphia are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Philadelphia’s last 9 games against San Diego.
- Philadelphia are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games when playing at home against San Diego.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Philadelphia’s last 15 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Philadelphia are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the National League West Division
Padres vs Phillies Pick & Prediction
Last time out, San Diego started this midweek series with a 3-0 win. The Padres scored two of their runs on a fielder’s choice and error, as the Phillies poor defense, and poor offense at home, continued. Robinson Cano went 2-4 with one run in the win. Mike Clevinger got his first win of the season, Zach Eflin dropped to 1-3, and Taylor Rogers notched his 14th save of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Blake Snell (first start) vs Zack Wheeler (1-3, 4.26 ERA, 1.26 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!