Colorado Rockies at Minnesota Twins Best Bet – 6/10/2024

Colorado Rockies

Colorado Rockies

Jun 10, 2024

Minnesota Twins

Minnesota Twins
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota Twins Details

  • Date: June 10, 2024
  • Venue: Target Field
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Dakota Hudson - Rockies
    • Chris Paddack - Twins

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Rockies 180, Twins -210
Runline: Rockies 1.5 -115, Twins -1.5 -105
Over/Under Total: 8.5 105

Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota Twins Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
Colorado Rockies - 35% Colorado Rockies - 33.59%
Minnesota Twins - 65% Minnesota Twins - 66.41%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota Twins Betting Preview

On June 10, 2024, the Minnesota Twins will host the Colorado Rockies at Target Field in an interleague matchup. The Twins, with a record of 34-31, are having an above-average season and find themselves as big favorites with a moneyline of -210, giving them an implied win probability of 65%. Meanwhile, the Rockies are struggling, holding a 23-42 record and coming in as underdogs with a moneyline of +180 and an implied win probability of 35%.

The Twins will send right-hander Chris Paddack to the mound. Paddack, ranked as the 113th best starting pitcher by advanced-stat Power Rankings, is considered average among his peers. On the other side, the Rockies will counter with right-hander Dakota Hudson, one of the worst pitchers in MLB according to the same rankings. This stark difference in pitching talent is a critical factor in the Twins' favor.

In terms of offense, the Twins have shown more power with their bats, ranking 11th in team home runs this season. However, their overall batting average ranks 24th, which is below average. The Rockies, on the other hand, rank 11th in team batting average but have struggled with power, sitting at 27th in team home runs. This contrast in offensive strengths could make for an interesting dynamic in the game.

Manuel Margot has been a standout for the Twins over the last week, boasting a .400 batting average and a 1.100 OPS in the past four games. For the Rockies, Elias Diaz has been their best hitter recently, recording eight hits, four RBIs, and a home run in his last six games with a .333 batting average and a .926 OPS.

THE BAT X, the leading MLB projection system, projects the Twins to score an average of 4.88 runs in this game, while the Rockies are projected to score 3.60 runs. Given the significant edge in both pitching and power hitting, the Twins are positioned to capitalize on their home-field advantage and continue their above-average season against a struggling Rockies squad.

Quick Takes Colorado Rockies:

The Colorado Rockies offense projects for the 12th-most runs on the slate, per the leading projection system (THE BAT X).

  • THE BAT X is a highly sophisticated projection system that accounts for a multitude of factors like player quality, ballpark, weather, umpire, defense, and more.

Quick Takes Minnesota Twins:

The Minnesota Twins have 3 hitters in their projected batting order today with a high (i.e. over 27%) underlying K% (per the leading projection system, THE BAT X) (Ryan Jeffers, Byron Buxton, Trevor Larnach).

  • Teams that have multiple high-strikeout hitters will make it much easier for the opposing pitcher to record strikeouts

Game Trends

  • The Minnesota Twins have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Team Total Under in 29 of their last 51 games (+5.29 Units / 9% ROI)
  • The Colorado Rockies have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Moneyline in 20 of their last 37 games (+14.00 Units / 37% ROI)

Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota Twins Prediction

Final Score: Colorado Rockies 3.6 vs Minnesota Twins 4.88

Be sure to check out all our free MLB picks here.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

+204
8% COL
-245
92% MIN

Total Pick Consensus

8.5/-120
13% UN
8.5/+100
87% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

+1.5/-102
4% COL
-1.5/-118
96% MIN

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
COL
Team Stats
MIN
5.51
ERA
3.89
.277
Batting Avg Against
.235
1.51
WHIP
1.20
.311
BABIP
.293
9.3%
BB%
7.3%
18.0%
K%
25.8%
67.7%
LOB%
74.0%
.248
Batting Avg
.237
.399
SLG
.416
.707
OPS
.732
.307
OBP
.316
COL
Team Records
MIN
13-17
Home
17-14
11-26
Road
18-18
18-32
vRHP
25-24
6-11
vLHP
10-8
12-12
vs>.500
10-20
12-31
vs<.500
25-12
3-7
Last10
3-7
9-11
Last20
11-9
15-15
Last30
13-17
D. Hudson
C. Paddack
N/A
Innings
22.1
N/A
GS
5
N/A
W-L
1-2
N/A
ERA
4.03
N/A
K/9
8.06
N/A
BB/9
0.81
N/A
HR/9
0.00
N/A
LOB%
64.3%
N/A
HR/FB%
0.0%
N/A
FIP
1.72
N/A
xFIP
3.18

D. Hudson

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
5/3 KC
Keller N/A
L1-7 N/A
6
9
3
3
4
2
53-84
4/28 ARI
Castellanos N/A
W8-3 N/A
6
1
0
0
4
3
46-84
4/23 CIN
Mahle N/A
W5-0 N/A
6.2
2
0
0
4
4
53-92
4/17 MIL
Ashby N/A
L5-6 N/A
3
3
4
3
2
2
35-68
4/12 KC
Lynch N/A
W6-5 N/A
4
5
3
3
4
0
39-70

C. Paddack

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
5/2 BAL
Wells N/A
W2-1 N/A
5.1
4
1
1
3
1
53-81
4/26 DET
Rodriguez N/A
W5-4 N/A
5.2
5
1
1
6
1
60-87
4/20 KC
Lynch N/A
L0-2 N/A
5
5
2
2
4
0
52-71
4/13 LAD
Kershaw N/A
L0-7 N/A
4
6
3
3
3
0
49-73
9/11 LAD
Buehler N/A
L4-5 N/A
4.2
3
4
4
4
2
56-96

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
COL MIN
COL MIN
Consensus
+180
-205
+204
-245
+170
-205
+205
-250
+188
-225
+198
-240
+190
-230
+205
-250
+180
-220
+205
-250
+170
-210
+200
-250
Open
Current
Book
COL MIN
COL MIN
Consensus
+1.5 (-101)
-1.5 (+102)
+1.5 (-101)
-1.5 (-119)
+1.5 (-102)
-1.5 (-102)
+1.5 (-102)
-1.5 (-118)
+1.5 (-104)
-1.5 (+104)
+1.5 (-104)
-1.5 (-115)
+1.5 (-103)
-1.5 (+100)
+1.5 (-103)
-1.5 (-118)
+1.5 (105)
-1.5 (+100)
+1.5 (+105)
-1.5 (-125)
+1.5 (-105)
-1.5 (+100)
+1.5 (-105)
-1.5 (-115)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
8.5 (-110)
8.5 (-110)
8.5 (-104)
8.5 (-117)
8.5 (-110)
8.5 (-110)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
7.5 (-122)
7.5 (+100)
8.5 (-102)
8.5 (-120)
8.0 (-115)
8.0 (-106)
8.5 (-103)
8.5 (-118)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)