Colorado Rockies at Los Angeles Dodgers Best Bet – 6/1/2024

Colorado Rockies

Colorado Rockies

Jun 1, 2024

Los Angeles Dodgers

Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Colorado Rockies vs Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: June 1, 2024
  • Venue: Dodger Stadium
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Cal Quantrill - Rockies
    • Yoshinobu Yamamoto - Dodgers

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Rockies 275, Dodgers -330
Runline: Rockies 1.5 130, Dodgers -1.5 -150
Over/Under Total: 8 -105

Colorado Rockies vs Los Angeles Dodgers Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
Colorado Rockies - 26% Colorado Rockies - 25.7%
Los Angeles Dodgers - 74% Los Angeles Dodgers - 74.3%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Colorado Rockies vs Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Preview

The Los Angeles Dodgers will be taking on the Colorado Rockies in a National League West matchup at Dodger Stadium on June 1, 2024. The Dodgers, with a record of 36-22, are having a great season, while the Rockies, with a record of 20-35, are having a terrible season. The game is the second in the series between these two teams.

On the pitching mound, the Dodgers are projected to start Yoshinobu Yamamoto, a right-handed pitcher. Yamamoto has been performing at an elite level this season, ranking as the #12 best starting pitcher in MLB according to our advanced-stat Power Rankings. He has started 11 games with a Win/Loss record of 5-2 and an ERA of 3.51. His xFIP of 2.81 suggests that he has been unlucky this year and is likely to perform better going forward. Yamamoto is a high-strikeout pitcher, averaging 7.3 strikeouts per game, and is expected to pitch around 6.2 innings, allowing 2.0 earned runs on average.

On the other side, the Rockies are projected to start Cal Quantrill, also a right-handed pitcher. Quantrill has started 11 games with a Win/Loss record of 4-3 and an ERA of 3.53. However, his 4.11 xFIP indicates that he has been lucky this year and may perform worse going forward. Quantrill is a high-groundball pitcher, but he will face a powerful Dodgers offense that ranks second in MLB in home runs this season.

Speaking of the offense, the Dodgers have been impressive, ranking as the second-best in MLB. They have a strong lineup that has been producing consistent results. In contrast, the Rockies offense ranks as the 18th best in MLB, with average rankings in team batting average and below-average rankings in team home runs and stolen bases.

In terms of the bullpen, the Dodgers have a solid unit, ranking 13th best in MLB according to our Power Rankings. On the other hand, the Rockies bullpen ranks as the 29th best, indicating a weakness for the team.

Based on the current odds, the Dodgers are heavily favored to win this game with a moneyline of -330 and an implied win probability of 74%. The Rockies, as underdogs, have a moneyline of +275 and an implied win probability of 26%.

Overall, the Dodgers have the advantage in this matchup. Their strong offense, along with the impressive performance of Yoshinobu Yamamoto, gives them the upper hand. However, anything can happen in baseball, and the Rockies will look to defy the odds and pull off an upset.

Quick Takes Colorado Rockies:

The Colorado Rockies outfield defense projects as the best out of every team in action today.

  • Defense is an integral part of preventing hits and runs.

According to the leading projection system (THE BAT), the Colorado Rockies' bullpen ranks as the 2nd-worst among all the teams in the game.

  • Most bettors only consider the starting pitcher, but a weak bullpen sneakily creates an easier matchup for the opposing offense and boosts a game's runs.

Quick Takes Los Angeles Dodgers:

Yoshinobu Yamamoto has been given more leash than the average pitcher this year, throwing 3.9 more adjusted pitches-per-game than average.

  • Pitchers with a longer leash are more likely to go deeper into games and record more outs.

Teoscar Hernandez has strong power (94th percentile) if he makes contact, but that's always far from assured (28.8% K%). Today, however, opposing pitcher Cal Quantrill struggles to strike batters out (17th percentile K%) — great news for Hernandez.

  • If he is less likely to strikeout, he'll be more likely to make contact, which is often hard, home-run contact.

Jason Heyward pulls a high percentage of his flyballs (36.2% — 92nd percentile) and will be challenged by the game's 8th-deepest RF fences in today's matchup.

  • This player's skill set does not match up particularly well with the park he's in today, which may lead to worse-than-usual performance.

Game Trends

  • The Los Angeles Dodgers have hit the Game Total Under in 17 of their last 29 games (+4.00 Units / 12% ROI)
  • The Colorado Rockies have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Moneyline in 15 of their last 23 games (+13.55 Units / 57% ROI)
  • Gavin Lux has hit the Runs Under in 12 of his last 14 games (+8.45 Units / 30% ROI)

Colorado Rockies vs Los Angeles Dodgers Prediction

Final Score: Colorado Rockies 3.3 vs Los Angeles Dodgers 5.44

Check out all our free picks on every MLB game daily in our MLB betting section.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

+257
7% COL
-317
93% LAD

Total Pick Consensus

7.5/-118
14% UN
7.5/-102
86% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

+1.5/+114
7% COL
-1.5/-135
93% LAD

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
COL
Team Stats
LAD
5.51
ERA
4.26
.277
Batting Avg Against
.239
1.51
WHIP
1.24
.311
BABIP
.288
9.3%
BB%
7.8%
18.0%
K%
23.0%
67.7%
LOB%
70.6%
.248
Batting Avg
.252
.399
SLG
.456
.707
OPS
.795
.307
OBP
.339
COL
Team Records
LAD
22-28
Home
31-19
14-36
Road
28-22
24-46
vRHP
34-31
12-18
vLHP
25-10
25-38
vs>.500
29-22
11-26
vs<.500
30-19
4-6
Last10
4-6
9-11
Last20
10-10
11-19
Last30
17-13
C. Quantrill
Y. Yamamoto
N/A
Innings
N/A
N/A
GS
N/A
N/A
W-L
N/A
N/A
ERA
N/A
N/A
K/9
N/A
N/A
BB/9
N/A
N/A
HR/9
N/A
N/A
LOB%
N/A
N/A
HR/FB%
N/A
N/A
FIP
N/A
N/A
xFIP
N/A

C. Quantrill

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
9/27 KC
Kowar N/A
W8-3 N/A
6
6
3
3
5
0
57-94
9/21 KC
Lynch N/A
W4-1 N/A
6.2
7
1
1
6
2
61-102
9/15 MIN
Jax N/A
W12-3 N/A
6.2
2
3
0
4
3
59-100
9/9 MIN
Albers N/A
W4-1 N/A
7.2
4
1
1
5
2
72-109
9/3 BOS
Eovaldi N/A
L5-8 N/A
6
7
5
5
6
2
63-99

Y. Yamamoto

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
COL LAD
COL LAD
Consensus
+280
-350
+257
-317
+270
-340
+245
-305
+280
-350
+260
-320
+280
-345
+275
-335
+270
-345
+250
-320
+260
-350
+240
-300
Open
Current
Book
COL LAD
COL LAD
Consensus
+1.5 (+126)
-1.5 (-151)
+1.5 (+114)
-1.5 (-137)
+1.5 (+124)
-1.5 (-148)
+1.5 (+114)
-1.5 (-135)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-142)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-142)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-148)
+1.5 (+110)
-1.5 (-134)
+1.5 (+130)
-1.5 (-155)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-140)
+2.5 (115)
-2.5 (-110)
+1.5 (+115)
-1.5 (-135)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
8.0 (-115)
8.0 (-105)
7.5 (-104)
7.5 (-118)
8.0 (-120)
8.0 (+100)
7.5 (-102)
7.5 (-118)
8.0 (-110)
8.0 (-110)
7.5 (-102)
7.5 (-120)
8.0 (-108)
8.0 (-112)
7.5 (-103)
7.5 (-120)
8.0 (-120)
8.0 (+100)
7.5 (-105)
7.5 (-115)
8.0 (-105)
8.0 (-115)
7.5 (-105)
7.5 (-115)