Oakland Athletics at Atlanta Braves Pick For 6/1/2024

Oakland Athletics

Oakland Athletics

Jun 1, 2024

Atlanta Braves

Atlanta Braves
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Oakland Athletics vs Atlanta Braves Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: June 1, 2024
  • Venue: Truist Park
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Aaron Brooks - Athletics
    • Chris Sale - Braves

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Athletics 250, Braves -300
Runline: Athletics 1.5 120, Braves -1.5 -140
Over/Under Total: 8 -110

Oakland Athletics vs Atlanta Braves Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
Oakland Athletics - 28% Oakland Athletics - 30.64%
Atlanta Braves - 72% Atlanta Braves - 69.36%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Oakland Athletics vs Atlanta Braves Betting Preview

On June 1, 2024, the Atlanta Braves will face off against the Oakland Athletics at Truist Park. The Braves will be the home team in this interleague matchup. With a record of 32-23 this season, the Braves are having a great year, while the Athletics are struggling with a record of 23-36.

The Braves are projected to start Chris Sale, an elite left-handed pitcher who has been dominant this season. Sale has started 10 games and boasts an impressive 8-1 record with a 2.12 ERA. He is ranked as the sixth-best starting pitcher in MLB according to our advanced-stat Power Rankings.

On the other hand, the Athletics are projected to start Aaron Brooks, who has had a rough season so far. Brooks has started three games with a win-loss record of 0-2 and an ERA of 3.63. Our projections indicate that Brooks has been lucky this year and may perform worse going forward, as his xFIP is 1.44 points higher than his ERA.

In terms of offense, the Braves have been impressive this season, ranking seventh-best in MLB. They lead the league in team batting average and home runs, showcasing their power at the plate. The Athletics, however, have struggled offensively, ranking 24th overall. They have the worst team batting average in the league but excel in stolen bases.

The Braves have a strong bullpen, ranking 11th-best in MLB according to our Power Rankings. The Athletics, on the other hand, have a stellar bullpen, ranked fourth-best. This could make for an interesting matchup late in the game.

Based on the current odds, the Braves are the heavy favorites with a moneyline of -300, implying a 72% win probability. The Athletics are significant underdogs with a moneyline of +250, giving them a 28% chance of winning.

With Chris Sale on the mound and the Braves' potent offense, they have a clear advantage in this game. However, baseball is unpredictable, and anything can happen on the field. Will the Athletics be able to defy the odds and pull off an upset, or will the Braves continue their winning ways? Tune in to find out.

Quick Takes Oakland Athletics:

Compared to league average, Aaron Brooks has been granted a shorter leash than the average pitcher this year, recording an -6.6 fewer adjusted pitches each start.

  • Pitchers with a shorter leash are more likely to get pulled earlier in games and record fewer outs.

Zack Gelof has primarily hit in the top-half of the batting order this season (58% of the time), but he is projected to bat 7th on the lineup card in this game.

  • The lower in the order a player bats, the fewer plate appearances he will get and the fewer opportunities he will get to hit the Over for every market. A player who hits lower in the order than he normally does may provide extra value opportunity since the market may be based on him hitting higher.

Brent Rooker hits a high percentage of his flyballs to center field (39.2% — 94th percentile) and is fortunate to face MLB's 5th-shallowest CF fences in today's game.

  • This player's skill set matches up particularly well with the park he's in today, which may lead to better-than-usual performance.

Quick Takes Atlanta Braves:

The Oakland Athletics have 8 batters in the projected lineup that will receive the benefit of the platoon advantage against Chris Sale in this matchup, which is especially troublesome given his large platoon split.

  • Right-handed pitchers perform worse against left-handed hitters (and visa-versa). If several hitters hold this advantage against the pitcher, it can have a huge impact on whether he will perform well or struggle on any given day.

This season, there has been a decline in Marcell Ozuna's speed with his Statcast Sprint Speed dropping from 26.37 ft/sec last year to 25.2 ft/sec currently.

  • Slow players tend to get fewer hits because they can't beat out groundballs, fewer extra base hits, and fewer stolen bases.

The Atlanta Braves have been the 9th-unluckiest offense in the game this year, according to the leading projection system (THE BAT X), and are likely to perform better the rest of the season

  • When teams underperform their projected talent level, markets may undervalue them even while they are likely to perform better in the near future.

Game Trends

  • The Atlanta Braves have hit the Game Total Under in 34 of their last 53 games (+15.35 Units / 26% ROI)
  • The Oakland Athletics have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Team Total Under in 10 of their last 14 games (+6.30 Units / 41% ROI)
  • Michael Harris II has hit the Hits Under in 18 of his last 30 games (+12.85 Units / 31% ROI)

Oakland Athletics vs Atlanta Braves Prediction

Final Score: Oakland Athletics 3.6 vs Atlanta Braves 5.32

Be sure to check out all our free MLB picks here.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

+260
5% OAK
-323
95% ATL

Total Pick Consensus

7.5/-118
3% UN
7.5/-102
97% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

+1.5/+136
1% OAK
-1.5/-162
99% ATL

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
OAK
Team Stats
ATL
5.80
ERA
3.86
.266
Batting Avg Against
.240
1.55
WHIP
1.28
.311
BABIP
.300
10.9%
BB%
8.7%
20.3%
K%
24.5%
66.8%
LOB%
74.1%
.222
Batting Avg
.275
.362
SLG
.502
.662
OPS
.847
.300
OBP
.345
OAK
Team Records
ATL
22-25
Home
29-17
14-36
Road
23-25
26-50
vRHP
33-30
10-11
vLHP
19-12
17-46
vs>.500
27-23
19-15
vs<.500
25-19
5-5
Last10
5-5
8-12
Last20
10-10
10-20
Last30
17-13
A. Brooks
C. Sale
N/A
Innings
N/A
N/A
GS
N/A
N/A
W-L
N/A
N/A
ERA
N/A
N/A
K/9
N/A
N/A
BB/9
N/A
N/A
HR/9
N/A
N/A
LOB%
N/A
N/A
HR/FB%
N/A
N/A
FIP
N/A
N/A
xFIP
N/A

A. Brooks

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
8/27 WAS
Corbin -332
W2-0 9.5
6
2
0
0
6
1
60-98
8/21 KCA
Montgomery -120
W8-1 11
5
7
1
1
4
1
58-92
8/16 BOS
Porcello -274
L1-9 12
5.1
8
5
5
2
1
60-91
8/10 HOU
Sanchez -255
L2-23 11.5
3
9
9
9
3
0
46-71
8/2 TOR
Font -127
L2-5 10.5
5
5
3
3
4
3
59-97

C. Sale

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
10/20 HOU
Valdez N/A
L1-9 N/A
5.1
3
4
2
7
2
55-87
10/15 HOU
Valdez N/A
L4-5 N/A
2.2
5
1
1
2
1
37-61
10/8 TB
Baz N/A
W14-6 N/A
1
4
5
5
2
1
20-30
10/3 WSH
Adon N/A
W7-5 N/A
2.1
4
2
2
7
3
37-62
9/28 BAL
Zimmermann N/A
L2-4 N/A
5.1
4
3
3
6
1
54-85

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
OAK ATL
OAK ATL
Consensus
+246
-292
+260
-323
+230
-285
+260
-325
+250
-310
+265
-330
+255
-315
+265
-335
+240
-305
+270
-345
+240
-300
+240
-300
Open
Current
Book
OAK ATL
OAK ATL
Consensus
+2.5 (130)
-2.5 (+110)
+1.5 (+130)
-1.5 (-153)
+1.5 (+120)
-1.5 (-142)
+1.5 (+136)
-1.5 (-162)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-142)
+1.5 (+128)
-1.5 (-154)
+1.5 (+110)
-1.5 (-136)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-143)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-140)
+1.5 (+148)
-1.5 (-175)
+2.5 (-120)
-2.5 (-105)
+2.5 (-120)
-2.5 (+100)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
8.0 (-118)
8.0 (-103)
7.5 (-123)
7.5 (-101)
8.0 (-118)
8.0 (-102)
8.0 (-102)
8.0 (-118)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)
7.5 (-122)
7.5 (+100)
8.5 (-104)
8.5 (-117)
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (-103)
8.0 (-120)
8.0 (+100)
7.5 (-125)
7.5 (+105)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)
8.0 (-105)
8.0 (-115)