New York Yankees vs Kansas City Royals Prediction & Picks 6/10/2024

New York Yankees

New York Yankees

Jun 10, 2024

Kansas City Royals

Kansas City Royals
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

New York Yankees vs Kansas City Royals Details

  • Date: June 10, 2024
  • Venue: Kauffman Stadium
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Carlos Rodon - Yankees
    • Brady Singer - Royals

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Yankees -130, Royals 110
Runline: Yankees -1.5 130, Royals 1.5 -150
Over/Under Total: 8.5 -110

New York Yankees vs Kansas City Royals Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
New York Yankees - 54% New York Yankees - 54.82%
Kansas City Royals - 46% Kansas City Royals - 45.18%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

New York Yankees vs Kansas City Royals Betting Preview

As we approach June 10, 2024, the Kansas City Royals and New York Yankees are set to clash in an American League matchup at Kauffman Stadium. Both teams are having stellar seasons, with the Royals boasting a 39-26 record and the Yankees leading the way at 45-21.

Kansas City will send right-handed pitcher Brady Singer to the mound. Singer has been a reliable arm for the Royals this season, and he'll face a potent Yankees offense that ranks 5th in MLB in team batting average and 2nd in team home runs. The Royals' offense is no slouch either, ranking 5th in team batting average and also excelling on the basepaths with a 5th place ranking in stolen bases.

New York's left-hander Carlos Rodon will be on the hill, bringing his #56 Power Ranking status according to THE BAT X, the leading MLB projection system. Rodon will face a Royals lineup that has been particularly hot lately, with Adam Frazier leading the charge over the past week, hitting .417 with a 1.295 OPS in his last five games.

Aaron Judge has been on fire for the Yankees, posting a .474 batting average and a 1.643 OPS in his last six games. Judge's dominance at the plate has been highlighted by 9 hits, 7 runs, 10 RBIs, and 2 home runs over the last week. His recent surge will be a key factor as the Yankees look to maintain their strong form.

The betting markets and advanced projections both suggest a close contest, with the Yankees having a slight edge. The Yankees' current moneyline is -130, implying a 54% win probability, while THE BAT X also projects a 54% win probability for New York. Kansas City’s implied win probability stands at 46%, but their offense’s current form could make this game tighter than expected.

Overall, this matchup promises to be a thrilling start to the series, with both teams boasting high-powered offenses and reliable starting pitchers. Betting markets and projections align closely, favoring the Yankees, but don’t count out the Royals, especially with their recent offensive surge.

Quick Takes New York Yankees:

The New York Yankees have 3 batters in their projected lineup today with a high (i.e. over 27%) underlying K% (per the leading projection system, THE BAT X) (Trent Grisham, Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton).

  • Teams that have multiple high-strikeout hitters will make it much easier for the opposing pitcher to record strikeouts

Quick Takes Kansas City Royals:

The Kansas City Royals bullpen projects as the 4th-worst in the game, per the leading projection system (THE BAT).

  • Most bettors only consider the starting pitcher, but a weak bullpen sneakily creates an easier matchup for the opposing offense and boosts a game's runs.

Game Trends

  • The Kansas City Royals have hit the Run Line in 41 of their last 65 games (+12.94 Units / 14% ROI)
  • The New York Yankees have hit the Run Line in 26 of their last 36 games (+20.35 Units / 47% ROI)

New York Yankees vs Kansas City Royals Prediction

Final Score: New York Yankees 5.39 vs Kansas City Royals 4.6

Check out all our free picks on every MLB game daily in our MLB betting section.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

-116
79% NYY
-103
21% KC

Total Pick Consensus

8.5/-118
20% UN
8.5/-102
80% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

-1.5/+140
74% NYY
+1.5/-166
26% KC

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
NYY
Team Stats
KC
4.06
ERA
5.20
.231
Batting Avg Against
.260
1.25
WHIP
1.41
.276
BABIP
.304
8.8%
BB%
9.1%
23.5%
K%
20.4%
73.2%
LOB%
67.1%
.232
Batting Avg
.244
.402
SLG
.394
.709
OPS
.695
.307
OBP
.301
NYY
Team Records
KC
22-10
Home
24-14
27-11
Road
15-16
40-15
vRHP
32-25
9-6
vLHP
7-5
19-10
vs>.500
11-19
30-11
vs<.500
28-11
8-2
Last10
4-6
16-4
Last20
9-11
23-7
Last30
16-14
C. Rodón
S. Lugo
N/A
Innings
N/A
N/A
GS
N/A
N/A
W-L
N/A
N/A
ERA
N/A
N/A
K/9
N/A
N/A
BB/9
N/A
N/A
HR/9
N/A
N/A
LOB%
N/A
N/A
HR/FB%
N/A
N/A
FIP
N/A
N/A
xFIP
N/A

C. Rodón

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC

S. Lugo

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
9/27 WSH
Voth 108
L5-15 9
1.1
5
6
6
1
2
24-38
9/22 TB
Snell -133
W5-2 7.5
6.1
4
2
1
7
1
66-95
9/17 PHI
Nola -110
W10-6 8
1.2
8
6
6
3
0
30-52
9/12 TOR
Ray 152
L2-3 9.5
5.1
7
3
3
5
1
60-91
9/5 PHI
Howard 143
W5-1 9
5
4
1
1
8
2
50-81

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
NYY KC
NYY KC
Consensus
-130
+110
-116
-103
-130
+110
-115
-105
-130
+110
-118
+100
-130
+110
-117
+100
-130
+110
-115
-105
-135
+110
-115
-105
Open
Current
Book
NYY KC
NYY KC
Consensus
-1.5 (+126)
+1.5 (-148)
-1.5 (+142)
+1.5 (-171)
-1.5 (+124)
+1.5 (-148)
-1.5 (+140)
+1.5 (-166)
-1.5 (+122)
+1.5 (-146)
-1.5 (+138)
+1.5 (-166)
-1.5 (+128)
+1.5 (-159)
-1.5 (+145)
+1.5 (-177)
-1.5 (+130)
+1.5 (-155)
-1.5 (+135)
+1.5 (-160)
-1.5 (+125)
+1.5 (-155)
-1.5 (+145)
+1.5 (-175)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-103)
8.5 (-118)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-102)
8.5 (-118)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
8.5 (-104)
8.5 (-118)
8.5 (-103)
8.5 (-118)
8.5 (-106)
8.5 (-114)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)