Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers Best Bet – 5/29/2024

Chicago Cubs

Chicago Cubs

May 29, 2024

Milwaukee Brewers

Milwaukee Brewers
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Chicago Cubs vs Milwaukee Brewers Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: May 29, 2024
  • Venue: American Family Field
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Shota Imanaga - Cubs
    • Bryse Wilson - Brewers

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Cubs -135, Brewers 115
Runline: Cubs -1.5 130, Brewers 1.5 -150
Over/Under Total: 7.5 -115

Chicago Cubs vs Milwaukee Brewers Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
Chicago Cubs - 55% Chicago Cubs - 51.79%
Milwaukee Brewers - 45% Milwaukee Brewers - 48.21%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Chicago Cubs vs Milwaukee Brewers Betting Preview

In a National League Central matchup, the Milwaukee Brewers will take on the Chicago Cubs on May 29, 2024, at American Family Field. The Brewers, with a season record of 31-23, are having a good season, while the Cubs, with a record of 28-27, are having an average season.

The Brewers, as the home team, will look to capitalize on their strong performance this year. They have the advantage of playing in their home stadium, where they have been successful. The Cubs, on the other hand, will aim to bring their average season up a notch as the away team.

Bryse Wilson is projected to start for the Brewers. As a right-handed pitcher, Wilson has shown promise with a Win/Loss record of 3-1 and an excellent ERA of 2.86 this season. However, his 4.40 xFIP suggests that he may have been lucky and could potentially perform worse going forward.

Shota Imanaga is projected to start for the Cubs. As a left-handed pitcher, Imanaga has been impressive with a Win/Loss record of 5-0 and an excellent ERA of 0.84. However, his 3.13 xFIP indicates that he may have been lucky as well and could see a decline in performance.

This game is the third in the series between the Brewers and the Cubs. In their last game, the Brewers lost to the Cubs by a score of 6-3. The Cubs were considered underdogs in that game, but they managed to secure the victory.

The Brewers have a strong offense, ranking as the 4th best in MLB this season. However, their team batting average is low, ranking 27th in the league. The Cubs, on the other hand, have a lower-ranked offense, ranking 21st in MLB. However, their team batting average is higher, ranking 9th in the league.

Based on the current odds, the Brewers are considered underdogs with a moneyline of +115, implying a win probability of 45%. The Cubs, with a moneyline of -135, have a higher win probability of 55%.

Quick Takes Chicago Cubs:

The leading projection system (THE BAT X) projects that Shota Imanaga will tally an average of 6.2 strikeouts today.

  • THE BAT X is a highly sophisticated projection system that accounts for a multitude of factors like ballpark, weather, umpire, and more.

Dansby Swanson has primarily hit in the top-half of the batting order this season (52% of the time), but he is projected to hit 8th in the lineup in this game.

  • The lower in the order a player bats, the fewer plate appearances he will get and the fewer opportunities he will get to hit the Over for every market. A player who hits lower in the order than he normally does may provide extra value opportunity since the market may be based on him hitting higher.

Seiya Suzuki hits a lot of his flyballs to center field (41.4% — 100th percentile) and is a great match for the park considering he'll be hitting towards the league's 8th-shallowest CF fences in today's matchup.

  • This player's skill set matches up particularly well with the park he's in today, which may lead to better-than-usual performance.

Game Trends

  • The Milwaukee Brewers have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Team Total Over in 33 of their last 54 games (+7.29 Units / 11% ROI)
  • The Chicago Cubs have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Team Total Under in 12 of their last 15 games (+9.55 Units / 56% ROI)
  • Christopher Morel has hit the Total Bases Under in 28 of his last 43 games (+13.30 Units / 24% ROI)

Chicago Cubs vs Milwaukee Brewers Prediction

Final Score: Chicago Cubs 4.56 vs Milwaukee Brewers 4.15

Visit the MLB picks and predictions section for the rest of today's games.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

-147
63% CHC
+126
37% MIL

Total Pick Consensus

7.5/-105
5% UN
7.5/-115
95% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

-1.5/+120
81% CHC
+1.5/-142
19% MIL

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
CHC
Team Stats
MIL
4.22
ERA
4.04
.243
Batting Avg Against
.232
1.29
WHIP
1.22
.289
BABIP
.275
8.3%
BB%
8.2%
22.0%
K%
23.0%
71.1%
LOB%
73.6%
.255
Batting Avg
.233
.419
SLG
.377
.751
OPS
.689
.332
OBP
.312
CHC
Team Records
MIL
25-21
Home
28-17
21-30
Road
26-25
40-38
vRHP
41-29
6-13
vLHP
13-13
27-31
vs>.500
22-21
19-20
vs<.500
32-21
7-3
Last10
3-7
9-11
Last20
10-10
14-16
Last30
15-15
S. Imanaga
B. Wilson
N/A
Innings
57.1
N/A
GS
0
N/A
W-L
4-0
N/A
ERA
3.30
N/A
K/9
7.38
N/A
BB/9
2.20
N/A
HR/9
1.26
N/A
LOB%
76.2%
N/A
HR/FB%
10.0%
N/A
FIP
4.28
N/A
xFIP
4.75

S. Imanaga

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC

B. Wilson

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
4/21 CHC
Jr N/A
W4-3 N/A
3
3
3
3
2
4
35-60
4/16 WSH
Rogers N/A
W6-4 N/A
4.1
4
2
2
2
3
41-77
4/10 STL
Matz N/A
W9-4 N/A
4
5
3
3
2
1
42-64
9/18 MIA
Cabrera N/A
W6-3 N/A
5
4
2
2
3
0
48-68
9/12 WSH
Corbin N/A
L2-6 N/A
4.1
7
5
5
0
2
50-77

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
CHC MIL
CHC MIL
Consensus
-134
+114
-147
+126
-135
+114
-148
+124
-134
+114
-146
+124
-137
+116
-152
+130
-135
+115
-155
+130
-140
+115
-145
+120
Open
Current
Book
CHC MIL
CHC MIL
Consensus
-1.5 (+128)
+1.5 (-151)
-1.5 (+117)
+1.5 (-141)
-1.5 (+130)
+1.5 (-155)
-1.5 (+120)
+1.5 (-142)
-1.5 (+128)
+1.5 (-154)
-1.5 (+114)
+1.5 (-137)
-1.5 (+125)
+1.5 (-157)
-1.5 (+115)
+1.5 (-139)
-1.5 (+130)
+1.5 (-155)
-1.5 (+115)
+1.5 (-135)
-1.5 (+125)
+1.5 (-155)
-1.5 (+125)
+1.5 (-150)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
8.0 (+105)
8.0 (-125)
7.5 (-116)
7.5 (-105)
8.0 (+105)
8.0 (-125)
7.5 (-115)
7.5 (-105)
7.5 (+100)
7.5 (-122)
7.5 (-115)
7.5 (-105)
7.5 (-118)
7.5 (-104)
7.5 (-114)
7.5 (-106)
8.0 (+105)
8.0 (-125)
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (+100)
7.5 (-115)
7.5 (-105)
7.5 (-115)
7.5 (-105)