Cleveland Cavaliers

Cleveland Cavaliers

May 15, 2024

Boston Celtics

Boston Celtics
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: May 15, 2024
  • Venue: TD Garden

Betting Odds

Spread: Cleveland Cavaliers 14.5 (-110), Boston Celtics -14.5 (-110)
Over/Under Total: 205.5
Moneyline: Cleveland Cavaliers 800, Boston Celtics -1200

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
Cleveland Cavaliers - 11% Cleveland Cavaliers - 33%
Boston Celtics - 89% Boston Celtics - 67%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics Betting Preview

The Cleveland Cavaliers (53-40) are set to take on the Boston Celtics (71-20) in Game 5 of their Eastern Conference playoff series at TD Garden, the home arena of the Celtics. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 PM ET, with the Celtics holding a 3-1 series lead going into this contest.

The Celtics enter this game as massive favorites, with the current spread set at Celtics -14.5. The Moneyline for the Celtics is -1200, indicating their strong favoritism, while the Cavaliers have a Moneyline of +800, suggesting they are the underdogs in this matchup. Based on the odds, the Cavaliers have an implied win probability of 11%, while the Celtics have an implied win probability of 89%.

In their previous meeting, the Celtics emerged victorious, defeating the Cavaliers 109-102. The Celtics have been playing solid basketball lately, winning 39 of their last 50 games. On the other hand, the Cavaliers have struggled on the road, losing 12 of their last 15 away games.

For those interested in player prop betting, Donovan Mitchell's Points and Rebounds market has garnered significant attention in this game. It is currently the most popular betting market. Sharp bettors are leaning towards the Over, believing it offers value at the current price of Over 33.5 Points and Rebounds (-105).

With the Celtics' dominant home record and the Cavaliers' recent road struggles, it's no surprise that the Celtics are heavily favored in this contest. However, in the world of sports, anything can happen, and the Cavaliers will be looking to defy the odds and pull off an upset. NBA fans and sports bettors alike will be eagerly watching this Wednesday Night clash between the Cavaliers and the Celtics at the TD Garden.

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics Prediction

Final Score: Cleveland Cavaliers 107 vs Boston Celtics 113.01

Stay informed with the most recent NBA news and our analytics-driven NBA picks and predictions all season long.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Spread Pick Consensus

+16.0/-110
80% CLE
-16.0/-110
20% BOS

Moneyline Pick Consensus

+968
8% CLE
-1900
92% BOS

Total Pick Consensus

205.0/-110
4% UN
205.0/-110
96% OV

Stats

  • Team Stats Per Game
  • Team Stats Per 100 Poss
  • Four Factors
  • Analytics

Offense/Defense

CLE
Team Stats Per Game
BOS
82
Games
79
41.8
FG
41.4
87.2
FGA
91.6
.479
FG%
.452
13.5
3Pt-FG
12.9
36.8
3Pt-FGA
36.7
.367
3Pt%
.350
28.3
2Pt-FG
28.6
50.4
2Pt-FGA
54.9
.561
2Pt%
.520
15.6
FT
13.4
20.4
FTA
17.5
.765
FT%
.766
9.8
ORB
11.1
33.4
DRB
29.9
43.3
TRB
41.1
28.0
AST
24.9
7.4
STL
6.2
4.6
BLK
3.7
13.6
TOV
11.3
17.5
PF
17.4
112.6
PTS
109.1

Defense/Offense

CLE
Team Stats Per Game
BOS
82
Games
79
40.5
FG
43.7
87.5
FGA
90.1
.463
FG%
.486
12.5
3Pt-FG
16.5
33.8
3Pt-FGA
42.6
.371
3Pt%
.388
28.0
2Pt-FG
27.2
53.7
2Pt-FGA
47.5
.521
2Pt%
.574
16.6
FT
16.4
21.0
FTA
20.3
.791
FT%
.809
10.0
ORB
10.6
32.6
DRB
33.5
42.7
TRB
44.1
25.3
AST
26.8
7.7
STL
6.7
5.0
BLK
6.5
13.6
TOV
11.4
18.7
PF
16.2
110.2
PTS
120.4

Offense/Defense

CLE
Four Factors
BOS
.557
eFG%
.522
12.4
TOV%
10.2
23.2
RB%
75.1
.179
FT/FGA
.146

Defense/Offense

CLE
Four Factors
BOS
.535
eFG%
.577
12.3
TOV%
10.3
76.9
RB%
26.2
.190
FT/FGA
.182

Offense/Defense

CLE
Team Stats Per 100 Poss
BOS
82
Games
79
42.7
FG
42.9
89.2
FGA
94.9
.479
FG%
.452
13.8
3Pt-FG
13.3
37.6
3Pt-FGA
38.0
.367
3Pt%
.350
28.9
2Pt-FG
29.6
51.5
2Pt-FGA
56.9
.561
2Pt%
.520
15.9
FT
13.9
20.8
FTA
18.1
.765
FT%
.766
10.1
ORB
11.5
34.2
DRB
31.0
44.3
TRB
42.5
28.7
AST
25.8
7.5
STL
6.4
4.7
BLK
3.8
13.9
TOV
11.7
17.9
PF
18.0
115.2
PTS
113.0

Defense/Offense

CLE
Team Stats Per 100 Poss
BOS
82
Games
79
41.4
FG
45.3
89.5
FGA
93.3
.463
FG%
.486
12.8
3Pt-FG
17.1
34.6
3Pt-FGA
44.1
.371
3Pt%
.388
28.6
2Pt-FG
28.2
54.9
2Pt-FGA
49.2
.521
2Pt%
.574
17.0
FT
17.0
21.5
FTA
21.0
.791
FT%
.809
10.3
ORB
11.0
33.4
DRB
34.7
43.6
TRB
45.7
25.8
AST
27.8
7.9
STL
6.9
5.1
BLK
6.7
13.9
TOV
11.8
19.2
PF
16.7
112.7
PTS
124.7

CLE
Analytics
BOS
47
Pythag Wins
63
35
Pythag Losses
16
2.41
Margin Of Victory
11.34
115.2
O Rtg
124.7
112.7
D Rtg
113.0
97.2
Pace
95.8
.234
FTr
.225
.422
3PAr
.473
.586
TS%
.608

Odds

  • Spread
  • MoneyLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
CLE BOS
CLE BOS
+13.5 (-108)
-13.5 (-115)
+15.5 (-108)
-15.5 (-113)
+14.5 (-110)
-14.5 (-110)
+16.0 (-110)
-16.0 (-110)
+13.5 (-110)
-13.5 (-112)
+16.0 (-110)
-16.0 (-110)
+15.5 (-108)
-15.5 (-109)
+15.5 (-108)
-15.5 (-113)
+15.5 (-105)
-15.5 (-110)
+16.0 (-105)
-16.0 (-115)
+15.5 (-105)
-15.5 (-110)
+15.5 (-105)
-15.5 (-115)
Open
Current
Book
CLE BOS
CLE BOS
+800
-1350
+968
-1900
+800
-1350
+1000
-1800
+750
-1200
+1040
-2000
+900
-1667
+1000
-2000
+950
-1700
+950
-1700
+900
-1600
+900
-1600
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
205.5 (-114)
205.5 (-110)
205.0 (-113)
205.0 (-108)
204.5 (-110)
204.5 (-110)
206.0 (-110)
206.0 (-110)
206.5 (-108)
206.5 (-112)
204.5 (-112)
204.5 (-108)
205.5 (-109)
205.5 (-112)
205.0 (-113)
205.0 (-108)
205.5 (-110)
205.5 (-110)
205.5 (-110)
205.5 (-110)
205.5 (-110)
205.5 (-110)
205.5 (-110)
205.5 (-110)