Cleveland Guardians vs Colorado Rockies Prediction & Picks 5/28/2024

Cleveland Guardians

Cleveland Guardians

May 28, 2024

Colorado Rockies

Colorado Rockies
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Cleveland Guardians vs Colorado Rockies Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: May 28, 2024
  • Venue: Coors Field
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Triston McKenzie - Guardians
    • Ryan Feltner - Rockies


Betting Odds

Moneyline:Guardians -150, Rockies 125
Runline:Guardians -1.5 100, Rockies 1.5 -120
Over/Under Total:10.5 -110


Cleveland Guardians vs Colorado Rockies Win Probabilities

Implied Win %:Projected Win %:
Cleveland Guardians - 57%Cleveland Guardians - 51.65%
Colorado Rockies - 43%Colorado Rockies - 48.35%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Cleveland Guardians vs Colorado Rockies Betting Preview

On May 28, 2024, the Colorado Rockies will face off against the Cleveland Guardians in an interleague matchup at Coors Field. The Rockies, who hold a home record, will host the Guardians, the visiting team.

The starting pitchers for the game are projected to be Ryan Feltner for the Rockies and Triston McKenzie for the Guardians. Feltner is a right-handed pitcher known for his average performance, while McKenzie is also a right-handed pitcher with a below-average performance.

According to our advanced-stat Power Rankings, Feltner is ranked 159th among starting pitchers in MLB, indicating a subpar performance. McKenzie, on the other hand, is considered a below-average pitcher.

Feltner has started 10 games this season and holds a win-loss record of 1-4. His ERA stands at 5.07, which is not impressive. However, his xFIP of 4.01 suggests that he has been unlucky and could potentially perform better in the future. McKenzie, with 10 starts, holds a win-loss record of 2-3. He has a solid ERA of 3.44, but his xFIP of 5.22 indicates potential regression in his performance.

Feltner is projected to pitch an average of 5.1 innings, allowing 3.0 earned runs, striking out 3.3 batters, and giving up an average of 6.0 hits and 1.5 walks. McKenzie, on the other hand, is expected to pitch an average of 4.9 innings, allowing 3.0 earned runs, striking out 4.4 batters, and giving up an average of 5.5 hits and 1.5 walks.

In terms of offense, the Rockies rank 19th in MLB, while the Guardians rank 14th. The Rockies have struggled in team batting average and stolen bases, ranking 18th and 30th, respectively. The Guardians have a better showing in team batting average and stolen bases, ranking 14th and 7th, respectively.

Based on the current odds, the Rockies are considered underdogs with a moneyline of +125 and an implied win probability of 43%. The Guardians, as the betting favorites, have a moneyline of -145 and an implied win probability of 57%.

With the Guardians having a strong season and the Rockies struggling, the Guardians seem to have the upper hand in this matchup. However, in baseball, anything can happen, and the Rockies may have the opportunity to surprise.


Quick Takes Cleveland Guardians:

Josh Naylor has a good chance to have an advantage against every reliever from start to finish, since the bullpen of the Colorado Rockies only has 1 same-handed RP.

  • Hitters perform worse against pitchers of the same handedness (i.e. righty-vs-righty), and being able to avoid those matchups against the bullpen boosts performance and creates hidden edge.


According to the leading projection system (THE BAT X), the offense with the 2nd-least strikeout-prone lineup on the slate today is the Cleveland Guardians with a 18.6% underlying K%.

  • THE BAT X analyzes each player in today's specific lineup to figure out which teams have the least inherent strikeout potential for the opposing pitcher.


Quick Takes Colorado Rockies:

Among all the teams in action today, the strongest infield defense belongs to the Colorado Rockies.

  • Defense is an integral part of preventing hits and runs.


Brenton Doyle is an extreme groundball hitter and faces the strong infield defense of Cleveland (#1-best of all teams today).

  • This player's skill set matches up poorly with the opposing team's defensive strength, which may lead to worse-than-usual performance.


According to the leading projection system (THE BAT), the Colorado Rockies' bullpen projects as the 6th-worst out of all the teams in baseball.

  • Most bettors only consider the starting pitcher, but a weak bullpen sneakily creates an easier matchup for the opposing offense and boosts a game's runs.


Game Trends

  • The Colorado Rockies have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Moneyline in 15 of their last 30 games (+8.60 Units / 28% ROI)
  • The Cleveland Guardians have hit the Moneyline in 27 of their last 40 games (+12.05 Units / 24% ROI)
  • Brendan Rodgers has hit the RBIs Under in 19 of his last 22 games at home (+12.00 Units / 26% ROI)


Cleveland Guardians vs Colorado Rockies Prediction

Final Score: Cleveland Guardians 5.62 vs Colorado Rockies 5.15

Check out all our free picks on every MLB game daily in our MLB betting section.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

-133
75% CLE
+113
25% COL

Total Pick Consensus

10.5/-112
24% UN
10.5/-108
76% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

-1.5/+114
93% CLE
+1.5/-135
7% COL

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
CLE
Team Stats
COL
3.76
ERA
5.51
.240
Batting Avg Against
.277
1.27
WHIP
1.51
.286
BABIP
.311
8.3%
BB%
9.3%
21.3%
K%
18.0%
74.3%
LOB%
67.7%
.250
Batting Avg
.248
.380
SLG
.399
.693
OPS
.707
.313
OBP
.307
CLE
Team Records
COL
21-8
Home
13-17
22-14
Road
11-26
29-18
vRHP
18-32
14-4
vLHP
6-11
10-6
vs>.500
12-12
33-16
vs<.500
12-31
6-4
Last10
3-7
15-5
Last20
9-11
20-10
Last30
15-15
T. McKenzie
R. Feltner
N/A
Innings
35.1
N/A
GS
8
N/A
W-L
2-3
N/A
ERA
5.86
N/A
K/9
8.41
N/A
BB/9
6.37
N/A
HR/9
0.51
N/A
LOB%
64.8%
N/A
HR/FB%
5.7%
N/A
FIP
4.34
N/A
xFIP
5.23

T. McKenzie

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
10/2 TEX
Lyles N/A
L2-7 N/A
4
4
4
4
2
4
40-74
9/26 CHW
Giolito N/A
L2-5 N/A
2.1
5
3
3
3
3
37-61
9/20 KC
Singer N/A
L2-7 N/A
4.1
9
7
7
4
1
50-74
9/14 MIN
Ryan N/A
W3-1 N/A
6
3
1
1
7
1
55-72
9/8 MIN
Ryan N/A
L0-3 N/A
6
3
1
1
7
1
53-83

R. Feltner

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
4/27 PHI
Suarez N/A
L3-7 N/A
5
7
4
4
7
2
54-84
9/12 PHI
Nola N/A
W5-4 N/A
3.2
4
2
2
6
3
44-81
9/5 ATL
Morton N/A
L2-9 N/A
2.2
5
6
6
0
2
35-61

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
CLE COL
CLE COL
Consensus
-149
+130
-133
+113
-155
+130
-130
+110
-142
+120
-132
+112
-150
+128
-137
+117
-155
+130
-140
+118
-155
+125
-130
+110
Open
Current
Book
CLE COL
CLE COL
Consensus
-1.5 (+105)
+1.5 (-127)
-1.5 (+114)
+1.5 (-138)
-1.5 (+100)
+1.5 (-120)
-1.5 (+114)
+1.5 (-135)
-1.5 (+104)
+1.5 (-125)
-1.5 (+112)
+1.5 (-134)
-1.5 (+105)
+1.5 (-130)
-1.5 (+115)
+1.5 (-139)
-1.5 (+100)
+1.5 (-120)
-1.5 (+105)
+1.5 (-125)
-1.5 (+100)
+1.5 (-120)
-1.5 (+120)
+1.5 (-145)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
10.0 (-110)
10.0 (-110)
10.5 (-109)
10.5 (-111)
10.0 (-105)
10.0 (-115)
10.5 (-108)
10.5 (-112)
10.0 (-115)
10.0 (-105)
10.5 (-105)
10.5 (-115)
10.0 (-107)
10.0 (-113)
10.5 (-109)
10.5 (-110)
10.0 (-105)
10.0 (-115)
10.5 (-115)
10.5 (-105)
10.0 (-105)
10.0 (-115)
10.5 (-110)
10.5 (-110)