Penguins vs Rangers Game 5 Betting Odds
When: May 11, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. EDT
Venue: Madison Square Garden – New York, NY
Penguins vs Rangers Game 5 Betting Preview
An Eastern Conference first round battle could be coming to end when the Pittsburgh Penguins battle the New York Rangers Wednesday night. The Penguins have a commanding 3-1 series lead, so New York will be competing for their postseason life in game five. This game will air live on ESPN.
Jake Guentzel had a nice regular season as he led Pittsburgh with 84 points and 40 goals, seven of which have come on the power play. Kris Letang was the top setup man with 58 assists. The Penguins score 3.28 goals per game and allow 2.71.
The Rangers were led by Artemi Panarin and his 96 points and 74 assists. Chris Kreider had a career year and led the team with 52 goals, with 26 of them coming on the power play. New York scores 3.05 goals per game and allow just 2.49.
Penguins vs Rangers Game 5 Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games.
- Pittsburgh are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Pittsburgh are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Rangers.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Pittsburgh’s last 12 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- Pittsburgh are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan Division division.
Check Out the Sportsbook promos page for betting on the NHL!
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Rangers’ last 7 games.
- NY Rangers are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Rangers’ last 5 games against Pittsburgh.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Rangers’ last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Rangers’ last 6 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh.
- NY Rangers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan Division division.
- NY Rangers are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games played in May.
Penguins vs Rangers Game 5 Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Pittsburgh took a 3-1 series lead with a 7-2 blowout Monday night. The Rangers took the early 1-0 lead, but it was tied at the end of the first intermission and all Pittsburgh in the second period. Pittsburgh scored five of the six goals in the second period to put this game away. Sidney Crosby had one goal and two assists and Jake Guentzel added one goal and one assist.
Two Rangers goalies combined to stop just 34 of the 41 shots they faced. New York killed off two of the three Penguins power plays on the night. Louis Domingue saved 22 of the 24 shots on his net, and Pittsburgh killed off the only Rangers power play on the night.
Daily NHL predictions here!