New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Prediction & Odds – 6/1/2024

New York Yankees

New York Yankees

Jun 1, 2024

San Francisco Giants

San Francisco Giants
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: June 1, 2024
  • Venue: Oracle Park
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Cody Poteet - Yankees
    • Logan Webb - Giants

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Yankees 110, Giants -130
Runline: Yankees 1.5 -200, Giants -1.5 170
Over/Under Total: 7.5 -120

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
New York Yankees - 46% New York Yankees - 39.01%
San Francisco Giants - 54% San Francisco Giants - 60.99%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Betting Preview

The San Francisco Giants are set to face off against the New York Yankees in an Interleague matchup on June 1, 2024, at Oracle Park. As the home team, the Giants will look to defend their turf against the visiting Yankees.

The Giants currently hold a season record of 29-28, which can be considered average. On the other hand, the Yankees boast an impressive record of 39-19, indicating a great season so far.

Taking the mound for the Giants is right-handed pitcher Logan Webb, who is projected to start the game. Webb has been performing exceptionally well, ranking as the 11th best starting pitcher in MLB according to our advanced-stat Power Rankings. He is known for his elite skills and is expected to pitch an average of 6.3 innings, allowing 2.4 earned runs, striking out 5.2 batters, and giving up 6.0 hits and 1.4 walks on average.

Opposing Webb will be the Yankees' right-handed pitcher Cody Poteet. Poteet, however, is projected to be one of the worst pitchers in MLB according to our Power Rankings. He is expected to pitch an average of 4.4 innings, allowing 2.3 earned runs, striking out 3.5 batters, and giving up 4.5 hits and 1.4 walks on average.

When it comes to offensive rankings, the Giants rank 21st in team batting average, 19th in team home runs, and a dismal 29th in team stolen bases this season. On the other hand, the Yankees rank 29th in team batting average, 8th in team home runs, and 20th in team stolen bases.

According to the current odds, the Giants are favored to win with a moneyline of -120, representing an implied win probability of 52%. The Yankees, with a moneyline of +100, have an implied win probability of 48%. This suggests that the game is expected to be closely contested.

As the Giants and Yankees take the field, all eyes will be on the pitching matchup between Logan Webb and Cody Poteet. Will the Giants' average season be enough to overcome the Yankees' great season? Only time will tell as these two teams battle it out on the diamond.

Quick Takes New York Yankees:

The leading projection system (THE BAT X) expects Cody Poteet to be limited in this game, projecting a maximum of 80 pitches.

  • A pitcher who is on a pitch count is likely to be pulled from the game earlier, record fewer outs, and generate fewer strikeouts.

Typically, hitters like DJ LeMahieu who hit a lot of groundballs are generally less successful when facing pitchers who also induce a lot of groundballs such as Logan Webb.

  • This mostly has to do with the way the hitter's swing plane interacts with the pitch trajectory, and it can create diminished performance across all categories and hidden value few are considering.

The 2nd-best projected offense of all teams today in terms of overall batting ability belongs to the New York Yankees.

  • A pitcher who faces a strong opposing offense will be more likely to underperform his usual performance, particularly in terms of hits and runs, in that game.

Quick Takes San Francisco Giants:

Logan Webb's higher utilization rate of his fastball this year (42.3 vs. 37.3% last year) is not ideal since they are typically much less effective than breaking or off-speed pitches.

  • Fastballs are the one easiest pitches to hit and generate few strikeouts, so a pitcher who begins to use his fastball more often will likely be less effective than he used to be.

Jorge Soler is projected to hit 6th in the batting order in this matchup, which would be a downgrade from his 75% rate of hitting in the top-half of the batting order this season.

  • The lower in the order a player bats, the fewer plate appearances he will get and the fewer opportunities he will get to hit the Over for every market. A player who hits lower in the order than he normally does may provide extra value opportunity since the market may be based on him hitting higher.

The San Francisco Giants bullpen projects as the best in the league, via the leading projection system (THE BAT).

  • Most bettors only consider the starting pitcher, but a strong bullpen sneakily creates a tougher matchup for the opposing offense and suppresses a game's runs.

Game Trends

  • The San Francisco Giants have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Moneyline in 11 of their last 19 games at home (+6.15 Units / 24% ROI)
  • The New York Yankees have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Run Line in 22 of their last 28 games (+16.10 Units / 46% ROI)
  • Gleyber Torres has hit the Home Runs Over in 3 of his last 13 away games (+9.40 Units / 72% ROI)

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Prediction

Final Score: New York Yankees 3.7 vs San Francisco Giants 4.44

Visit the MLB picks and predictions section for the rest of today's games.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

-107
62% NYY
-111
38% SF

Total Pick Consensus

7.5/-120
18% UN
7.5/+100
82% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

-1.5/+164
79% NYY
+1.5/-198
21% SF

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
NYY
Team Stats
SF
4.06
ERA
3.89
.231
Batting Avg Against
.247
1.25
WHIP
1.24
.276
BABIP
.302
8.8%
BB%
6.8%
23.5%
K%
23.1%
73.2%
LOB%
72.1%
.232
Batting Avg
.238
.402
SLG
.389
.709
OPS
.703
.307
OBP
.314
NYY
Team Records
SF
25-19
Home
26-21
31-20
Road
19-28
46-26
vRHP
34-31
10-13
vLHP
11-18
31-23
vs>.500
22-32
25-16
vs<.500
23-17
3-7
Last10
5-5
5-15
Last20
9-11
11-19
Last30
14-16
C. Poteet
L. Webb
N/A
Innings
163.0
N/A
GS
25
N/A
W-L
9-9
N/A
ERA
3.26
N/A
K/9
8.67
N/A
BB/9
1.44
N/A
HR/9
0.94
N/A
LOB%
74.1%
N/A
HR/FB%
16.0%
N/A
FIP
3.25
N/A
xFIP
2.96

C. Poteet

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
6/24 WSH
Ross N/A
L3-7 N/A
3
6
5
5
6
4
45-77
6/18 CHC
Davies N/A
W10-2 N/A
3.2
3
2
2
5
4
46-80
6/4 PIT
Keller N/A
L2-9 N/A
2.2
2
3
3
2
4
31-57
5/28 BOS
Perez N/A
L2-5 N/A
4.1
4
5
5
6
2
51-79
5/23 NYM
Yamamoto N/A
W5-1 N/A
7
3
0
0
4
0
65-93

L. Webb

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
4/30 WSH
Adon N/A
W9-3 N/A
6
11
3
3
3
1
61-95
4/24 WSH
Adon N/A
W12-3 N/A
6.2
7
3
3
6
1
67-98
4/19 NYM
Scherzer N/A
L1-3 N/A
3.2
6
3
3
1
3
43-75
4/13 SD
Manaea N/A
W2-1 N/A
8
4
1
1
7
0
72-96
4/8 MIA
Alcantara N/A
W6-5 N/A
6
5
1
1
3
1
57-85

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
NYY SF
NYY SF
Consensus
-103
-113
-107
-111
+102
-122
-108
-112
-108
-108
-104
-112
-108
-109
-109
-108
+100
-120
-105
-115
+100
-120
-105
-115
Open
Current
Book
NYY SF
NYY SF
Consensus
-1.5 (+155)
+1.5 (-187)
-1.5 (+160)
+1.5 (-199)
-1.5 (+164)
+1.5 (-198)
-1.5 (+164)
+1.5 (-198)
-1.5 (+150)
+1.5 (-184)
-1.5 (+158)
+1.5 (-192)
-1.5 (+155)
+1.5 (-200)
-1.5 (+160)
+1.5 (-200)
+1.5 (-220)
-1.5 (+175)
+1.5 (-220)
-1.5 (+180)
-1.5 (+165)
+1.5 (-200)
-1.5 (+165)
+1.5 (-200)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (+100)
7.5 (-101)
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (+100)
7.5 (+100)
7.5 (-120)
8.0 (-110)
8.0 (-110)
7.5 (-106)
7.5 (-114)
8.0 (-110)
8.0 (-109)
7.5 (+102)
7.5 (-122)
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (+100)
7.5 (+105)
7.5 (-125)
8.0 (-105)
8.0 (-115)
7.5 (-110)
7.5 (-110)