New York Yankees at San Francisco Giants Pick For 6/2/2024

New York Yankees

New York Yankees

Jun 2, 2024

San Francisco Giants

San Francisco Giants
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: June 2, 2024
  • Venue: Oracle Park
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Nestor Cortes - Yankees
    • Blake Snell - Giants

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Yankees -145, Giants 120
Runline: Yankees -1.5 115, Giants 1.5 -135
Over/Under Total: 8 -105

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
New York Yankees - 57% New York Yankees - 54.46%
San Francisco Giants - 43% San Francisco Giants - 45.54%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Betting Preview

In an exciting Interleague matchup scheduled for June 2, 2024, the San Francisco Giants will face off against the New York Yankees at Oracle Park. The Giants, with a current season record of 29-29, are having an average season, while the Yankees boast an impressive 40-19 record, indicating a great season so far.

The Giants will have left-handed pitcher Blake Snell on the mound, while the Yankees will counter with lefty Nestor Cortes. Snell, ranked as the #39 best starting pitcher in MLB according to our advanced-stat Power Rankings, has started five games this year but has struggled with a win/loss record of 0-3 and an ERA of 10.42. However, his 3.97 xFIP suggests that he has been unlucky this season and is likely to perform better going forward. Cortes, ranked just above Snell as the #38 best starting pitcher, has started 12 games and has a record of 3-4 with an impressive ERA of 3.30. However, his 3.91 xFIP indicates that he may have been lucky this season and could potentially perform worse in future outings.

The Giants offense ranks as the 16th best in MLB this season, while the Yankees boast the top-ranked offense. However, the Giants rank poorly in team batting average, ranking 21st in the league, while the Yankees rank 29th. In terms of team home runs, the Giants rank 19th, while the Yankees rank 8th. The Giants struggle in the stolen bases department, ranking 29th, while the Yankees rank 20th.

When it comes to the bullpens, the Giants have the best bullpen according to our advanced-stat Power Rankings, while the Yankees rank 22nd. This could play a crucial role in the outcome of the game.

Based on the current odds, the Giants are considered underdogs with a moneyline of +125, giving them an implied win probability of 43%. On the other hand, the Yankees are the betting favorites with a moneyline of -145, giving them an implied win probability of 57%.

With the Yankees having a higher projected win probability than their implied win probability, they are favored to win this game. However, with the Giants having the advantage of playing at home and a strong bullpen, they could potentially pull off an upset. It will be a matchup to watch between two talented teams with different strengths and weaknesses.

Quick Takes New York Yankees:

The New York Yankees outfield defense grades out as the 3rd-weakest among all the teams today.

  • Defense is an integral part of preventing (or, in this case, allowing) hits and runs.

Anthony Rizzo has primarily hit in the top-half of the lineup this year (57% of the time), but he is projected to hit 7th in the lineup in this matchup.

  • The lower in the order a player bats, the fewer plate appearances he will get and the fewer opportunities he will get to hit the Over for every market. A player who hits lower in the order than he normally does may provide extra value opportunity since the market may be based on him hitting higher.

Projected catcher Jose Trevino grades out as an elite pitch framer, via the leading projection system (THE BAT).

  • Pitch framing is a catcher's ability to make a ball look like a strike to the umpire, "stealing" strikes for his pitcher. This leads to more positive outcomes (like strikeouts) and fewer negative ones (like walks or earned runs).

Quick Takes San Francisco Giants:

Compared to the average pitcher, Blake Snell has been granted more leash than the typical pitcher since the start of last season, tallying an extra 3.3 adjusted pitches each outing.

  • Pitchers with a longer leash are more likely to go deeper into games and record more outs.

Wilmer Flores's speed has decreased this season. His 24.44 ft/sec Statcast Sprint Speed last year sits at 23.75 ft/sec now.

  • Slow players tend to get fewer hits because they can't beat out groundballs, fewer extra base hits, and fewer stolen bases.

The San Francisco Giants bullpen profiles as the best in the game, via the leading projection system (THE BAT).

  • Most bettors only consider the starting pitcher, but a strong bullpen sneakily creates a tougher matchup for the opposing offense and suppresses a game's runs.

Game Trends

  • The San Francisco Giants have hit the Team Total Under in 31 of their last 53 games (+5.80 Units / 9% ROI)
  • The New York Yankees have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Moneyline in 28 of their last 43 games (+16.10 Units / 24% ROI)
  • Thairo Estrada has hit the Runs Over in 15 of his last 24 games (+10.05 Units / 41% ROI)

New York Yankees vs San Francisco Giants Prediction

Final Score: New York Yankees 4.44 vs San Francisco Giants 3.82

Be sure to check out all our free MLB picks here.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

-136
83% NYY
+115
17% SF

Total Pick Consensus

7.5/-105
1% UN
7.5/-115
99% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

-1.5/+120
97% NYY
+1.5/-142
3% SF

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
NYY
Team Stats
SF
4.06
ERA
3.89
.231
Batting Avg Against
.247
1.25
WHIP
1.24
.276
BABIP
.302
8.8%
BB%
6.8%
23.5%
K%
23.1%
73.2%
LOB%
72.1%
.232
Batting Avg
.238
.402
SLG
.389
.709
OPS
.703
.307
OBP
.314
NYY
Team Records
SF
25-19
Home
27-22
33-20
Road
19-28
47-26
vRHP
35-32
11-13
vLHP
11-18
33-23
vs>.500
23-33
25-16
vs<.500
23-17
4-6
Last10
4-6
7-13
Last20
10-10
12-18
Last30
14-16
N. Cortes
B. Snell
63.1
Innings
N/A
12
GS
N/A
5-2
W-L
N/A
4.97
ERA
N/A
9.52
K/9
N/A
2.84
BB/9
N/A
1.56
HR/9
N/A
69.1%
LOB%
N/A
11.0%
HR/FB%
N/A
4.50
FIP
N/A
4.83
xFIP
N/A
.243
AVG
N/A
25.2%
K%
N/A
7.5%
BB%
N/A
4.33
SIERA
N/A

N. Cortes

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
5/4 TOR
Kikuchi N/A
L1-2 N/A
4
4
2
2
3
4
51-83
4/29 KC
Bubic N/A
W12-2 N/A
5
8
2
1
3
0
56-82
4/17 BAL
Zimmermann N/A
L0-5 N/A
5
3
0
0
12
1
62-88
4/12 TOR
Kikuchi N/A
W4-0 N/A
4.1
3
0
0
5
0
46-72

B. Snell

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
4/10 ARI
Smith N/A
W10-5 N/A
0
0
0
0
0
0
-
9/12 LAD
Scherzer N/A
L0-8 N/A
0.2
0
0
0
0
0
5-8
9/7 LAA
Naughton N/A
L0-4 N/A
7
1
2
2
11
2
70-100
8/31 ARI
Gallen N/A
W3-0 N/A
7
0
0
0
10
2
67-107
8/25 LAD
Buehler N/A
L3-5 N/A
7.2
3
1
1
10
0
80-122

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
NYY SF
NYY SF
Consensus
-145
+130
-136
+115
-148
+124
-135
+114
-162
+136
-134
+114
-152
+130
-137
+117
-155
+130
-135
+115
-150
+125
-135
+115
Open
Current
Book
NYY SF
NYY SF
Consensus
+1.5 (122)
-1.5 (+230)
-1.5 (+122)
+1.5 (-147)
-1.5 (+114)
+1.5 (-135)
-1.5 (+120)
+1.5 (-142)
-1.5 (+106)
+1.5 (-128)
-1.5 (+118)
+1.5 (-142)
-1.5 (+112)
+1.5 (-139)
-1.5 (+123)
+1.5 (-150)
-1.5 (+115)
+1.5 (-135)
-1.5 (+118)
+1.5 (-140)
-1.5 (+110)
+1.5 (-135)
-1.5 (+125)
+1.5 (-155)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
8.0 (-110)
8.0 (-110)
7.5 (-117)
7.5 (-104)
8.0 (-110)
8.0 (-110)
7.5 (-115)
7.5 (-105)
7.5 (-122)
7.5 (+100)
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (-102)
8.0 (-103)
8.0 (-120)
7.5 (-114)
7.5 (-107)
8.0 (-110)
8.0 (-110)
8.0 (+100)
8.0 (-120)
8.0 (-115)
8.0 (-105)
7.5 (-120)
7.5 (+100)