New York Yankees at Los Angeles Angels Prediction For 5/29/2024

New York Yankees

New York Yankees

May 29, 2024

Los Angeles Angels

Los Angeles Angels
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

New York Yankees vs Los Angeles Angels Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: May 29, 2024
  • Venue: Angel Stadium
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Luis Gil - Yankees
    • Tyler Anderson - Angels

Betting Odds

Moneyline: Yankees -190, Angels 165
Runline: Yankees -1.5 -110, Angels 1.5 -110
Over/Under Total: 8.5 -110

New York Yankees vs Los Angeles Angels Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
New York Yankees - 63% New York Yankees - 64.5%
Los Angeles Angels - 37% Los Angeles Angels - 35.5%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

New York Yankees vs Los Angeles Angels Betting Preview

On May 29, 2024, the Los Angeles Angels will face off against the New York Yankees at Angel Stadium. The Angels, currently having a terrible season with a record of 20-33, will be looking to turn things around against the Yankees, who are having a great season with a record of 37-18. This American League matchup is the second game in the series between these two teams.

The Angels are projected to start left-handed pitcher Tyler Anderson, who has a 5-4 win/loss record this year and an impressive ERA of 2.52. However, his 4.86 xFIP suggests that he may have been lucky this season and could potentially perform worse going forward. On the other hand, the Yankees are projected to start right-handed pitcher Luis Gil, who has been outstanding with a 6-1 win/loss record and an excellent ERA of 2.11. While his 3.55 xFIP indicates some regression may be expected, he has proven to be a strong pitcher.

In terms of offense, the Angels rank 11th in MLB, while the Yankees hold the top spot. The Angels have shown power with the third-most home runs in the league, but their stolen base ranking is one of the worst. The Yankees, despite ranking low in team batting average, have displayed their power with the eighth-most home runs. However, their stolen base ranking is also subpar.

When it comes to the bullpen, the Angels rank last in MLB, while the Yankees sit at 21st. This could be a significant advantage for the Yankees, as their bullpen is relatively stronger.

THE BAT X, the leading MLB projection system, projects the Yankees as the favorite with a win probability of 64%. The Angels, on the other hand, have a win probability of 36%. The current odds reflect this, with the Yankees being a big betting favorite at -185 and the Angels as a big underdog at +160.

Based on the projections, the Yankees are expected to score an average of 5.78 runs in this game, while the Angels are projected to score 4.03 runs. The Game Total for this matchup is set at 8.5 runs.

Quick Takes New York Yankees:

The New York Yankees outfield defense grades out as the 2nd-worst among all the teams on the slate today.

  • Defense is an integral part of preventing (or, in this case, allowing) hits and runs.

Extreme flyball bats like Juan Soto generally hit better against extreme groundball pitchers like Tyler Anderson.

  • This mostly has to do with the way the hitter's swing plane interacts with the pitch trajectory, and it can create boosted performance across all categories and hidden value few are considering.

According to the leading projection system (THE BAT), the New York Yankees' bullpen ranks as the 10th-worst out of all the teams in Major League Baseball.

  • Most bettors only consider the starting pitcher, but a weak bullpen sneakily creates an easier matchup for the opposing offense and boosts a game's runs.

Quick Takes Los Angeles Angels:

Tyler Anderson is an extreme flyball pitcher (40.6% FB% via the leading projection system, THE BAT) and is stuck pitching in the #6 HR venue in MLB in this game.

  • This pitcher's skill set does not match up particularly well with the park he's in today, which may lead to worse-than-usual performance.

Logan O'Hoppe pulls many of his flyballs (36.4% — 93rd percentile) and will be challenged by baseball's 10th-deepest LF fences in today's game.

  • This player's skill set does not match up particularly well with the park he's in today, which may lead to worse-than-usual performance.

Game Trends

  • The Los Angeles Angels have hit the Team Total Over in 31 of their last 51 games (+7.75 Units / 13% ROI)
  • The New York Yankees have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Team Total Over in 19 of their last 25 games (+12.75 Units / 42% ROI)
  • Kevin Pillar has hit the Hits Runs and RBIs Over in 12 of his last 13 games (+11.45 Units / 73% ROI)

New York Yankees vs Los Angeles Angels Prediction

Final Score: New York Yankees 5.67 vs Los Angeles Angels 3.9

Stay informed with the most recent MLB news and our analytics-driven MLB picks and predictions all season long.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

-210
85% NYY
+176
15% LAA

Total Pick Consensus

8.5/-115
48% UN
8.5/-105
52% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

-1.5/-130
96% NYY
+1.5/+110
4% LAA

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
NYY
Team Stats
LAA
4.06
ERA
4.58
.231
Batting Avg Against
.247
1.25
WHIP
1.39
.276
BABIP
.301
8.8%
BB%
9.9%
23.5%
K%
23.6%
73.2%
LOB%
71.2%
.232
Batting Avg
.251
.402
SLG
.437
.709
OPS
.761
.307
OBP
.324
NYY
Team Records
LAA
27-21
Home
22-29
33-21
Road
21-28
49-29
vRHP
35-47
11-13
vLHP
8-10
40-30
vs>.500
27-42
20-12
vs<.500
16-15
5-5
Last10
6-4
8-12
Last20
9-11
10-20
Last30
15-15
L. Gil
T. Anderson
4.0
Innings
109.0
1
GS
20
0-0
W-L
5-4
9.00
ERA
5.28
11.25
K/9
7.60
4.50
BB/9
3.88
0.00
HR/9
0.99
42.9%
LOB%
67.9%
0.0%
HR/FB%
7.6%
2.11
FIP
4.42
3.22
xFIP
5.36
.294
AVG
.272
26.3%
K%
18.9%
10.5%
BB%
9.6%
3.81
SIERA
5.13

L. Gil

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
9/18 CLE
Civale N/A
L3-11 N/A
4.1
3
3
2
6
4
50-88
9/13 MIN
Gant N/A
W6-5 N/A
6
7
5
5
8
1
63-102
9/8 TOR
Manoah N/A
L3-6 N/A
3.1
1
3
3
6
7
47-91
8/17 BOS
Eovaldi N/A
W2-0 N/A
4.2
3
0
0
4
4
44-71
8/8 SEA
Kikuchi N/A
L0-2 N/A
5
2
0
0
8
2
59-92

T. Anderson

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
4/29 DET
Alexander N/A
W5-1 N/A
5
5
1
1
3
1
47-69
4/23 SD
Darvish N/A
L2-3 N/A
4.2
4
2
2
4
3
51-80
10/3 LAA
Detmers N/A
L3-7 N/A
1.2
5
4
3
0
2
24-37
9/28 OAK
Bassitt N/A
W4-2 N/A
4
2
1
1
2
0
40-46
9/25 LAA
Barria N/A
L1-14 N/A
2
9
9
9
0
1
37-54

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
NYY LAA
NYY LAA
Consensus
-180
+157
-210
+176
-180
+150
-205
+170
-196
+164
-210
+176
-182
+155
-210
+175
-178
+150
-225
+185
-185
+150
-210
+170
Open
Current
Book
NYY LAA
NYY LAA
Consensus
-1.5 (-131)
+1.5 (+101)
-1.5 (-131)
+1.5 (+109)
-1.5 (-130)
+1.5 (-115)
-1.5 (-130)
+1.5 (+110)
-1.5 (-132)
+1.5 (+104)
-1.5 (-132)
+1.5 (+110)
-1.5 (-129)
+1.5 (-114)
-1.5 (-129)
+1.5 (+105)
-1.5 (-140)
+1.5 (-115)
-1.5 (-140)
+1.5 (+118)
-1.5 (-125)
+1.5 (-115)
-1.5 (-125)
+1.5 (+105)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-103)
8.5 (-119)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)
8.5 (-122)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-102)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-104)
8.5 (-117)
8.5 (-103)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (+100)
8.5 (-120)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-125)
8.5 (-105)
8.5 (-115)