Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers Odds & Picks – 5/29/2024

Arizona Diamondbacks

Arizona Diamondbacks

May 29, 2024

Texas Rangers

Texas Rangers
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers Betting Pick, Prediction & Preview

  • Date: May 29, 2024
  • Venue: Globe Life Field
  • Starting Pitchers:
    • Ryne Nelson - D-Backs
    • Dane Dunning - Rangers

Betting Odds

Moneyline: D-Backs 115, Rangers -135
Runline: D-Backs 1.5 -175, Rangers -1.5 155
Over/Under Total: 9 -110

Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
Arizona Diamondbacks - 45% Arizona Diamondbacks - 44.55%
Texas Rangers - 55% Texas Rangers - 55.45%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers Betting Preview

On May 29, 2024, the Texas Rangers will take on the Arizona Diamondbacks at Globe Life Field. This Interleague matchup features two teams having below-average seasons. The Rangers have a record of 26-29, while the D-Backs are 25-29.

The Rangers are projected to start right-handed pitcher Dane Dunning, who has had an average season so far. This will be his ninth start of the year, with a win-loss record of 3-3 and an ERA of 4.43. Despite his average performance, his 3.69 xFIP suggests he's been unlucky and may perform better going forward. Dunning is expected to pitch around 5.3 innings, allowing an average of 2.6 earned runs and striking out 4.8 batters.

The D-Backs will counter with right-handed pitcher Ryne Nelson, who has struggled this season. With an ERA of 6.03, Nelson ranks among the worst pitchers in MLB. However, his 4.15 xFIP indicates that he has been unlucky and may improve in future outings. Nelson is projected to pitch around 5.4 innings, allowing an average of 3.1 earned runs and striking out 3.7 batters.

In terms of offense, the Rangers rank 15th in MLB overall, while the D-Backs rank 14th. However, the Rangers excel in team batting average, ranking 2nd in the league, and team home runs, ranking 5th. The D-Backs, on the other hand, have a strong stolen base game, ranking 3rd in the league.

According to THE BAT X, the leading MLB projection system, the Rangers are considered the favorites in this game with a projected win probability of 56%. The D-Backs, meanwhile, are the underdogs with a projected win probability of 44%. The current moneyline reflects a close game, with the Rangers at -135 and the D-Backs at +115.

Based on the projections, the Rangers are expected to score an average of 4.88 runs, while the D-Backs are projected to score 4.53 runs. The Game Total is set at 9.0 runs, indicating a high-scoring game.

Quick Takes Arizona Diamondbacks:

As a switch-hitter who performs better from the 0 side of the plate, Ketel Marte will hold the platoon advantage while batting from from his good side against Andrew Heaney today.

  • Right-handed hitters perform better against left-handed pitchers (and visa-versa). This can have a huge impact on whether a hitter will perform well or struggle on any given day.

Quick Takes Texas Rangers:

Dane Dunning projects to average 1.9 walks in today's outing, according to the leading projection system (THE BAT X).

  • THE BAT X is a highly sophisticated projection system that accounts for a multitude of factors like ballpark, weather, umpire, and more.

Game Trends

  • The Texas Rangers have hit the Game Total Under in 16 of their last 21 games at home (+11.65 Units / 50% ROI)
  • The Arizona Diamondbacks have hit the Team Total Under in 18 of their last 29 games (+5.75 Units / 17% ROI)
  • Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has hit the Hits Under in 18 of his last 25 games (+14.55 Units / 34% ROI)

Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers Prediction

Final Score: Arizona Diamondbacks 4.48 vs Texas Rangers 4.77

Get daily MLB picks here.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Moneyline Pick Consensus

+115
19% ARI
-135
81% TEX

Total Pick Consensus

9.0/-112
10% UN
9.0/-108
90% OV

Spread Pick Consensus

+1.5/-180
16% ARI
-1.5/+150
84% TEX

Stats

  • Team Stats
  • Team Records
  • Pitchers
  • Recent Starts
ARI
Team Stats
TEX
4.66
ERA
3.98
.253
Batting Avg Against
.236
1.35
WHIP
1.21
.300
BABIP
.282
8.6%
BB%
7.7%
21.9%
K%
22.5%
70.1%
LOB%
72.9%
.254
Batting Avg
.273
.420
SLG
.464
.742
OPS
.807
.323
OBP
.342
ARI
Team Records
TEX
26-24
Home
27-23
26-26
Road
22-29
37-29
vRHP
36-37
15-21
vLHP
13-15
23-30
vs>.500
27-34
29-20
vs<.500
22-18
7-3
Last10
6-4
13-7
Last20
12-8
17-13
Last30
16-14
R. Nelson
D. Dunning
125.0
Innings
127.2
24
GS
18
6-7
W-L
9-4
5.47
ERA
3.10
5.90
K/9
6.84
2.66
BB/9
2.40
1.58
HR/9
0.85
69.0%
LOB%
78.6%
12.2%
HR/FB%
9.7%
5.16
FIP
3.94
5.23
xFIP
4.30
.288
AVG
.235
15.2%
K%
18.7%
6.8%
BB%
6.6%
5.20
SIERA
4.44

R. Nelson

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC

D. Dunning

Date
Opp
W/L
IP
H
R
ER
SO
BB
ST-PC
4/30 ATL
Elder N/A
W3-1 N/A
7.2
4
1
1
7
0
69-98
4/25 HOU
Valdez N/A
W6-2 N/A
5.2
5
2
2
5
1
54-88
4/20 SEA
Gilbert N/A
L2-4 N/A
4
6
3
3
3
3
48-79
4/14 LAA
Ohtani N/A
W10-5 N/A
3.2
6
2
2
7
2
51-86
4/9 TOR
Gausman N/A
L3-4 N/A
5
5
3
3
4
2
47-74

Odds

  • MoneyLine
  • RunLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
ARI TEX
ARI TEX
Consensus
+105
-125
+115
-135
+110
-130
+114
-135
+104
-122
+112
-132
+112
-130
+116
-136
+110
-130
+115
-135
+110
-135
+115
-135
Open
Current
Book
ARI TEX
ARI TEX
Consensus
+1.5 (-180)
-1.5 (+160)
+1.5 (-180)
-1.5 (+148)
+1.5 (-180)
-1.5 (+150)
+1.5 (-180)
-1.5 (+150)
-1.5 (+162)
+1.5 (-196)
+1.5 (-178)
-1.5 (+146)
+1.5 (-190)
-1.5 (+155)
+1.5 (-190)
-1.5 (+150)
+1.5 (-178)
-1.5 (+150)
+1.5 (-178)
-1.5 (+150)
+1.5 (-175)
-1.5 (+145)
+1.5 (-175)
-1.5 (+145)
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-108)
9.0 (-113)
9.0 (-108)
9.0 (-112)
9.0 (-108)
9.0 (-112)
9.0 (-106)
9.0 (-114)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-105)
9.0 (-117)
9.0 (-106)
9.0 (-115)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)
9.0 (-110)