Purdue vs Minnesota Betting Preview
A Big Ten battle is set for Saturday afternoon when the Purdue Boilermakers (2-2, 0-1 in Big Ten) visit the Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-0, 1-0). BetRivers set the line as Purdue -10 with a total of 54.5. Purdue has been struggling of late, while Minnesota has destroyed all four opponents on their schedule. This game will air live on ESPN2.
Through four games, Purdue is scoring 36.0 points per game and are gaining 446.5 yards per game, 311.0 through the air and 135.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Boilermakers are averaging 23.3 points against, and 319.0 yards allowed, 203.3 passing and 115.8 rushing.
Risk Free Bets
After four games, Minnesota is scoring 45.8 points per game and are gaining 543.0 yards per game, 248.5 through the air and 294.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Golden Gophers are averaging just 6.0 points against, and 187.8 yards allowed, 126.0 passing and 61.8 rushing.
Purdue vs Minnesota Prediction
Last time out, Purdue hosted Florida Atlantic and escaped with a 28-26 win. Purdue led 7-0 after the first quarter, but themselves down 13-7 late the second quarter. The Boilermakers scored late in the second to take the lead into the half and then extended that lead with an early score in the third quarter. Purdue led 21-20 heading into the fourth and stopped a FAU two-point conversion to get the win. Austin Burton went 21.29 for 166 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception on the night. Charlie Jones grabbed nine passes for 59 yards, a 6.6 average, and two touchdowns in the win. Defensively, the Boilermakers allowed 419 total yards and forced two FAU turnovers, one interception and one recovered fumble.
Minnesota opened Big Ten play with a dominant 34-7 win at Michigan State. The Golden Gophers jumped out to a 14-0 first quarter lead and led 21-0 at the half. Minnesota scored the first 34 points of the game and were 17 seconds away from pitching a road shutout, but the Spartans scored a consolation touchdown. Tanner Morgan went 23/26 for 268 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions on the night. Daniel Jackson hauled in two touchdown passes and Nick Kallerup grabbed the other touchdown from Tanner Morgan. Defensively, Minnesota allowed 240 total yards and forced three Michigan State turnovers, two interceptions and one recovered fumble.
Series History: Minnesota has won four consecutive meetings and leads the all-time series 41-33-3.
Pick: I think Minnesota is a top 10 team in the country and I am going to bet them until they tell me not to.
Minnesota Golden Gophers
|19.33||Avg Opp Score||8|
|35||Avg Opp Score||5.67|
|27.6||Avg Opp Score||6|
|27||Avg Opp Score||7.2|
|27||Avg Opp Score||11.2|
|26.5||Avg Opp Score||12.9|
Head to Head
Teams Last 10
Purdue vs Minnesota Betting Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Purdue’s last 6 games.
- Purdue is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- Purdue is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against Minnesota.
- Purdue is 1-8 SU in their last 9 games against Minnesota.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Purdue’s last 20 games on the road.
- Purdue is 0-6 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Purdue’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Purdue is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Purdue is 4-2 SU in their last 6 games played in October.
- Minnesota is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games.
- Minnesota is 7-0 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Minnesota’s last 10 games against Purdue.
- Minnesota is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home.
- Minnesota is 6-0 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Purdue.
- Minnesota is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Minnesota is 6-3 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 8 games played in October.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games played on a Saturday.