Dallas Mavericks at Boston Celtics Game 5 Pick & Prediction – 6/17/2024

Dallas Mavericks

Dallas Mavericks

Jun 17, 2024

Boston Celtics

Boston Celtics
  • Overview
  • Consensus
  • Stats
  • Odds
  • Trends

Dallas Mavericks vs Boston Celtics Game 5 Details

  • Date: June 17, 2024
  • Venue: TD Garden

Mavericks vs Celtics Game 5 Betting Odds

Spread: Dallas Mavericks 6.5 (-110), Boston Celtics -6.5 (-110)
Over/Under Total: 209.5
Moneyline: Dallas Mavericks 215, Boston Celtics -255

Dallas Mavericks vs Boston Celtics Game 5 Win Probabilities

Implied Win %: Projected Win %:
Dallas Mavericks - 31% Dallas Mavericks - 58%
Boston Celtics - 69% Boston Celtics - 42%

Implied Win % in sports betting represent the probability of an outcome as suggested by the betting odds. It's a way for bettors to gauge the likelihood of an event occurring based on the odds offered by sportsbooks.

Projected Win %, also known as projected win probability, is an estimate by ATS.io to determine the likelihood that a team will win a game or event. This projection is often based on various factors such as team performance, statistics, and historical data.

Dallas Mavericks vs Boston Celtics Game 5 Betting Preview

The Boston Celtics (79-21) are set to face off against the Dallas Mavericks (63-40) in Game 5 of the NBA Finals at TD Garden. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 8:30 PM ET, with the Celtics holding a 3-1 series lead and looking to close out the series and the NBA season as a whole.

Both teams enter this matchup well-rested, with their last games taking place three days ago. This extra time off could benefit both teams, allowing their players to recover and perform at their best.

The Mavericks, who have been performing well recently, have won 33 of their last 50 games. However, they face a disadvantage in this game as they are far from home and have traveled cross-country for this road game. The longer road trip might impact their performance and could potentially hinder their chances of securing a victory.

On the other hand, the Celtics have been dominant at home, winning 44 of their last 50 games at TD Garden. As the home team, they enjoy the advantage of playing in familiar surroundings, which boosts their confidence and increases their chances of success.

The Celtics are considered heavy favorites in this matchup, reflected by the spread currently being Celtics -7.0. The Moneyline odds for the Celtics stand at -285, while the Mavericks' Moneyline odds are at +240. Based on these odds, the Mavericks have an implied win probability of 28%, while the Celtics have an implied win probability of 72%.

It's worth noting that the Mavericks had a convincing victory over the Celtics in their last meeting, winning by a staggering 38-point margin (122-84). This result could add an extra layer of motivation for the Celtics to seek redemption and prove themselves on their home court.

Dallas Mavericks vs Boston Celtics Game 5 Prediction

Final Score: Dallas Mavericks 106 vs Boston Celtics 103.04

Visit the NBA picks and predictions section for the rest of today's games.

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our best bets every week!

*By clicking the "Subscribe" button, you agree to receive promotional emails.

Consensus

Spread Pick Consensus

+6.5/-105
57% DAL
-6.5/-115
43% BOS

Moneyline Pick Consensus

+220
15% DAL
-274
85% BOS

Total Pick Consensus

211.0/-108
23% UN
211.0/-112
77% OV

Stats

  • Team Stats Per Game
  • Team Stats Per 100 Poss
  • Four Factors
  • Analytics

Offense/Defense

DAL
Team Stats Per Game
BOS
0
Games
0
FG
FGA
FG%
3Pt-FG
3Pt-FGA
3Pt%
2Pt-FG
2Pt-FGA
2Pt%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

Defense/Offense

DAL
Team Stats Per Game
BOS
0
Games
0
FG
FGA
FG%
3Pt-FG
3Pt-FGA
3Pt%
2Pt-FG
2Pt-FGA
2Pt%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

Offense/Defense

DAL
Four Factors
BOS
eFG%
TOV%
RB%
FT/FGA

Defense/Offense

DAL
Four Factors
BOS
eFG%
TOV%
RB%
FT/FGA

Offense/Defense

DAL
Team Stats Per 100 Poss
BOS
0
Games
0
FG
FGA
FG%
3Pt-FG
3Pt-FGA
3Pt%
2Pt-FG
2Pt-FGA
2Pt%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

Defense/Offense

DAL
Team Stats Per 100 Poss
BOS
0
Games
0
FG
FGA
FG%
3Pt-FG
3Pt-FGA
3Pt%
2Pt-FG
2Pt-FGA
2Pt%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

DAL
Analytics
BOS
Pythag Wins
Pythag Losses
Margin Of Victory
O Rtg
D Rtg
Pace
FTr
3PAr
TS%

Odds

  • Spread
  • MoneyLine
  • Over/Under
Open
Current
Book
DAL BOS
DAL BOS
Consensus
+7.5 (-108)
-7.5 (-105)
+6.5 (-108)
-6.5 (-113)
+7.0 (-105)
-7.0 (-110)
+6.5 (-105)
-6.5 (-115)
+6.5 (-108)
-6.5 (-108)
+6.5 (-108)
-6.5 (-112)
+7.0 (-109)
-7.0 (-109)
+6.5 (-109)
-6.5 (-112)
+7.5 (-115)
-7.5 (-110)
+7.0 (-115)
-7.0 (-105)
+7.5 (-105)
-7.5 (-105)
+6.5 (-105)
-6.5 (-115)
Open
Current
Book
DAL BOS
DAL BOS
Consensus
+230
-285
+220
-274
+230
-285
+225
-278
+215
-260
+215
-260
+230
-286
+215
-265
+250
-320
+235
-292
+240
-300
+230
-300
Open
Current
Book
Over Under
Over Under
Consensus
209.5 (-110)
209.5 (-110)
211.0 (-113)
211.0 (-109)
209.5 (-110)
209.5 (-110)
211.0 (-112)
211.0 (-108)
209.0 (-110)
209.0 (-110)
210.5 (-112)
210.5 (-108)
209.5 (-108)
209.5 (-113)
211.0 (-113)
211.0 (-108)
209.0 (-110)
209.0 (-110)
211.0 (-110)
211.0 (-110)
209.5 (-110)
209.5 (-110)
211.5 (-105)
211.5 (-115)