No Sweat First Bet Up To $1,000 & SGP Insurance!
21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP
DraftKings is one of the top sports betting apps for individual player prop bets. Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about DraftKings Sportsbook Player Props, including how they work, what types are offered, and how to get started today!
Over the last decade, DraftKings has become a household name in the world of sports betting, giving fans from all over the United States and beyond a way to engage with their favorite sports and leagues like never before.
While traditional wagers like spreads, over/under totals, and moneylines remain popular on DraftKings and many of the other top U.S. betting sites, player prop bets have emerged as a dynamic and exciting option in today’s sports betting landscape. These bets allow you to go beyond simply picking a team to win or lose; they enable you to dive deep into the individual performances of your favorite athletes.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at DraftKings Sportsbook Player Props. We’ll walk you through how these bets work on DraftKings, the rich variety of options they bring to the table, and how you can use them to help take your sports betting experience to the next level. Now, let’s dive right in and get started!
Can You Do Player Props on DraftKings Sportsbook?
The answer is a resounding yes. DraftKings Sportsbook offers a wide range of player prop bets, making it one of the go-to betting apps for sports fans looking to place wagers on the statistical performances of all their favorite athletes.
Whether you’re interested in predicting a quarterback’s passing yards in the NFL, a point guard’s assists in the NBA, a pitcher’s strikeouts in the MLB, or a goalkeeper’s saves in the Premier League, it doesn’t matter. DraftKings has you covered and makes it incredibly easy to dive into the world of player props.
The beauty of player props on DraftKings is their versatility. You can choose from a wide selection of prop bet options in just about every sports league out there, giving you the opportunity to find value and place strategic bets that will help put you in a position for long-term success.
What’s more, DraftKings provides a wealth of statistics, insights, and real-time updates that can assist you in making informed decisions when placing player prop bets. Whether you’re a seasoned bettor or a newbie eager to explore the world of individual player performances, DraftKings offers a platform that caters to all levels of expertise.
Best DraftKings Player Prop Bets
The best DraftKings player prop bets for you will depend on your knowledge of the sport and players, as well as your personal preferences. However, some popular and potentially profitable player prop bets on DraftKings include:
NFL Player Props
When it comes to NFL betting, you can place wagers on a wide range of player props. Most bettors tend to focus on the offensive output of quarterbacks, running backs, and wide receivers with passing yards, rushing yards, receiving yards, and touchdowns scored being among the most bet player props on DraftKings.
These offensive statistics often take the spotlight due to their impact on a team’s ability to move the ball and put points on the board. However, you can also explore the statistical performance of defensive players by placing wagers on an athlete’s number of total tackles (which combine solo and assisted tackles), sacks, or interceptions.
NBA Player Props
NBA betting is also chock-full of exciting player props that let you tap into your understanding of player strengths and team strategies. It’s not just about points, assists, and rebounds – though those are popular choices. You can also get in on the action at DraftKings by predicting things like the number of blocks a player will make during a game or how many turnovers an athlete will finish with.
If you’re into specific milestones, you’ll find double-doubles and even triple-doubles player prop bets, which typically offer longer odds and a chance to get more bang for your buck. Plus, you’ll always have the option to combine points, rebounds, and assists (in any combination) for an even more customized player prop bet.
MLB Player Props
In MLB betting, it’s all about the pitchers and batters when it comes to player props. For pitchers, you’ve got some exciting options like strikeouts, innings pitched, walks, and hits allowed. It’s like a deep dive into the pitcher’s world, assessing their skills and control over the game.
On the flip side, for the batters, it’s not just about hits and home runs – although those are big ones! You can also place bets on runs scored, runs batted in (RBIs), walks drawn, total bases, and much more. So, whether you’re a numbers guru or just a passionate fan, MLB player props make the game more personal and thrilling.
NHL Player Props
Lastly, in the fast-paced world of NHL betting, you’ll find a treasure trove of player props that let you zoom in on individual player performances. Hockey is a sport where teamwork shines, but these player props allow you to appreciate the skills of the stars on the ice.
Goalscorer Props are a popular option, with bettors getting a chance to predict which players will score during the first goal, the last goal, or an anytime goal throughout the duration of the game. Shots on goal, points, power play points, assists, and blocked shots are a few other player props that you may be interested in checking out.
How To Place Player Prop Bets on DraftKings Sportsbook
Time needed: 4 minutes
Are you ready to start betting on player props with DraftKings Sportsbook? Just follow the steps outlined below!
- Visit the Website/Download the App
First things first, head to DraftKings Sportsbook. You can click or tap here to visit the DraftKings Sportsbook website on your smartphone, tablet, or another preferred device.
- Create an Account or Log In
If you’re new to DraftKings, it’s time to create your account. They’ll need some basic info from you and maybe a verification step. If you’re already a user, simply log in with your username and password.
- Make a Deposit
Now, let’s get some money in your betting account. Choose your preferred way to deposit funds – they have various options, so pick what works best for you.
- Choose a Betting Market
Once you’ve got your funds ready, dive into the sports and leagues available on DraftKings. Find the sport you’re passionate about and explore the player prop betting markets. This is where you can pick the specific player prop bet that catches your eye.
- Adjust Your Bet Slip
After selecting the player prop you want to bet on, it’ll appear on your bet slip. Here, you can fine-tune the amount you want to wager. You’ll also see the potential payout based on your bet and the current odds.
- Place Your Wager
When you’re all set, and you’ve double-checked everything, go ahead and place your player prop wager. Just click the “Place Bet” button, and DraftKings will take it from there. Keep an eye on the game, and let the excitement of your player prop predictions unfold. Enjoy the game, and let’s hope your bet is a winner!
DraftKings Player Prop Bets: Everything You Need To Know
In case you have any questions about DraftKings Sportsbook player props, this section is designed to provide everything you need to know to ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience. Continue reading to find all of the answers you’re looking for!
Where Are Player Props on DraftKings Sportsbook?
Player props are very easy to find on DraftKings. You’ll just need to locate the sport or league that you’re interested in (NFL, MLB, etc.), choose the category of bet you’d like to make from the options available (TD Scorers, Passing Props, Rush/Rec Props, etc.), and find the player’s name and the specific betting market you’d like to place a wager on.
For example, if you wanted to bet on Steph Curry’s “PTS + REB + AST” total, then you’d just need to take the following steps:
- Choose “NBA” from the list of sports and leagues offered by DraftKings.
- Make your way to the “Player Combos” section, which is located directly between “Player Threes” and “Player Rebounds.”
- Select the “PTS + REB + AST” subheading, which is located furthest to the left and typically pops up first on its own.
- Scroll down until you find the Warriors’ upcoming matchup, and then locate “Steph Curry,” who will be listed along with his teammates and other players on the opposing team.
- Take the “Over” or “Under” depending on how you think Curry will perform in the game.
How Do Player Prop Odds Work on DraftKings?
Player prop odds on DraftKings Sportsbook work as a way to estimate the likelihood of a specific event happening during a game or match involving a particular player. These odds are typically presented in the American odds format, often using plus and minus symbols.
When you see a player prop with a plus (+) sign, it tells you the potential profit you could make with a certain bet amount. For example, if you spot a prop with odds of +200 and bet $100, a successful bet would earn you a profit of $200, on top of your initial $100 wager.
On the other hand, when you come across player prop odds with a minus (-) sign, it indicates how much you need to bet to gain a $100 profit. For instance, if you find odds of -150, you’d have to bet $150 to earn a $100 profit if your bet wins.
Understanding player prop odds is essential for making informed betting decisions. The odds reflect the sportsbook’s assessment of the likelihood of a specific outcome, and your goal is to evaluate if your prediction has a better chance of happening than implied by the odds.
DraftKings Player Props Rules
DraftKings Sportsbook has established clear rules for player prop bets to maintain fairness and transparency in the betting process. These rules ensure that every bettor understands what’s expected and how player prop bets are managed on their platform.
Here’s a general overview of the DraftKings Player Props rules for a few of the most popular sports to bet on:
- Touchdown Scorer: The player must participate in at least one play to be a valid scorer. A scorer is the one who reaches the opposing end zone with the ball. Bets stand unless the player is “inactive” or does not play.
- Tackles and Assists: Only defensive plays count, and special teams plays are excluded.
- Regular Season Player Props: For season-long markets, players must participate in at least one play during the regular season for bets to count.
- Yards on First Completion/Reception/Rush: Bets are void if the specified player does not record a completion, reception, or rush.
- Yards on Longest Completion/Reception/Rush: If the specified player does not record a completion, reception, or rush, the “under” option is considered the winner for settlement purposes.
- Player Performance Markets: For a bet to be valid, relevant players must receive playing time.
- Quarter Player Points: Bets remain valid unless the player you wagered on doesn’t play in the relevant quarter, and the 4th quarter doesn’t include overtime.
- First Field Goal/Rebound/Assist, etc.: These bets are settled based on the first recorded statistic by any player, even if that player isn’t listed. Bets on starting players are valid, while bets on non-starting players are void. Free throws are not considered field goals for first field goal wagers.
- Most Points/Rebounds/Assists, etc. in Game Markets: All bets stand unless the player you wagered on doesn’t receive any playing time. In case of a tie between two or more players, Dead Heat rules apply.
- Most Points/Rebounds/Assists, etc. in Season/Series Markets: Bets remain active as long as the player you wagered on receives playing time during the season/series. In the event of a tie between two or more players, Dead Heat rules come into play.
- Pre-Live Player Props: For a bet to be valid, players must start the game and either throw at least one pitch (for pitchers) or record at least one plate appearance (for position players).
- Live Player Props: Similar to pre-live props, players must either throw at least one pitch (for pitchers) or record at least one plate appearance (for position players) during the game.
- Game Length: Pre-live props typically require the game to last at least 9 innings (8.5 innings if the home team is ahead) or 7 innings (6.5 innings if the home team is ahead) in a 7-inning game unless it’s officially settled due to a shorter game.
- Head-to-Head Player Props: Bets on player performance in a specific game are valid if the players are in the starting lineup, and the game becomes official.
- Total Bases Propositions: Batters earn total bases for hitting singles, doubles, triples, or home runs.
- Total Runs Allowed: This includes both earned and unearned runs when betting on the total runs allowed by a pitcher.
- Player with First Hit/HR, etc. of Game: The player must be in the starting lineup, and the game must be official for bets to be valid. Subbed-in players who achieve the outcome are also considered winners.
- Player Performance Markets: Bets are valid if relevant players receive ice time. Overtime stats count for settlement, but shootout stats do not.
- Goalscorer Markets (First/Last/Anytime): Players must be dressed and active for bets to be valid. Overtime stats count for settlement, while shootout stats do not count.
- Goalie Performance Markets: Bets require the relevant goalie to start the game.
- Goalie Shutout: To win a “Yes” bet, the goalie must play the entire game without conceding a goal. Substituted goalies with no goals against them result in voided bets.
Other Types of DraftKings Prop Bets
In addition to player props, DraftKings provides a wide range of other prop bets that add extra excitement to your sports betting experience. Here are a few of the options you can expect to find on DraftKings Sportsbook today:
Game props take your game-day excitement to a whole new level. These bets allow you to dig deeper into the game’s details, going beyond just predicting the winner.
For instance, you can bet on which team will strike first, how many touchdowns will be scored in a football game, or whether your favorite player will hit a home run. It’s like having a stake in every moment of the game, from the first whistle to the last buzzer.
Team props offer a fresh way to engage with your favorite teams. These bets focus on how the entire team will perform, rather than individual player stats.
You can bet on things like which team will grab more rebounds in basketball, who’ll score first in a soccer match, or whether your team will score a certain number of points in the first half of a football game. It’s a fantastic way to cheer on your squad from different angles.
Novelty props bring a fun twist to your betting experience. These props cover all sorts of non-traditional and often lighthearted bets.
Think about things like guessing the length of the national anthem at a big event, which color Gatorade will be used to drench the winning coach, or even the outcome of the coin toss at the Super Bowl. It’s all about adding a bit of humor and unpredictability to your betting, making sports events even more entertaining.
Further Reading: More About DraftKings Sportsbook
- How To Use The DraftKings Sportsbook App In NJ
- How To Create A Draftkings Account In Iowa
- Customer Loyalty Program: Dynasty Rewards
- DraftKings Refer A Friend
- DraftKings Playbook – A Complete Guide & What It Has To Offer
- DraftKings Gift Card
- Deleting Your DraftKings Account
- Cashout At DraftKings
- DraftKings NFL Betting – How To Bet On The NFL At DK
- DraftKings Kentucky Promo Code – Is DraftKings Sportsbook Legal In KY?
- DraftKings North Carolina Promo – Is DraftKings Sportsbook Legal In NC?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, DraftKings offers a wide range of player props in various sports, allowing you to bet on specific aspects of players’ performances.
Player props are available for a variety of sports on DraftKings, including major American leagues like the NFL, NBA, and MLB as well as other popular sports like soccer, hockey, auto racing, tennis, golf, MMA, boxing, e-sports, and more.
Player props can be a good bet because they provide a more in-depth and personalized betting experience. They allow you to focus on individual player performances, which can be a great choice if you have in-depth knowledge of specific athletes and their strengths.
If you place a player prop bet on DraftKings and the athlete does not play in the game due to an injury, the wager will be void. In other words, you’ll receive a full refund for the amount of your stake.