Who: Louisville Cardinals vs Mississippi State Bulldogs
Time: November 25, 2021 9:30 EST
Venue: Baha Mar Convention Center – Nassau, Bahamas
Louisville vs Mississippi State Odds:
Moneyline: LOU +100 | MSU -120
Spread: LOU +1 | MSU -1
Total: Under: 132.5 (-110) | Over: 132.5 (-110)
Louisville vs Mississippi State Betting Preview
A fun Thanksgiving night game is set for Thursday night when the Louisville Cardinals (3-1) face-off against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-0) in the Bahamas Championship. Neither team has played a real opponent yet this season, so this will be each team’s first big test. This game will air live on the CBS Sports Network.
Through four games, the Louisville offense is averaging 73.5 points per game, is shooting 44.8% from the field, and averaging 14.0 assists. Defensively, the Cardinals are allowing 66.8 points, grabbing 39.8 rebounds, blocking 3.0 shots, and nabbing 9.3 steals.
The Mississippi State offense is averaging 76.0 points per game, shooting 52.0% from the field, and dishing out 15.3 assists. Defensively, the Bulldogs are allowing 52.0 points, grabbing 40.5 rebounds, blocking 4.0 blocks, and averaging 10.5 steals.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Baylor Bears and Arizona State Sun Devils.
Louisville vs Mississippi State Betting Stats
- Louisville are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Louisville are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Louisville are 14-1 SU in their last 15 games played in November.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Louisville’s last 6 games played on a Thursday.
- Louisville are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games played on a Thursday when playing on the road.
- Mississippi State are 10-5 ATS in their last 15 games.
- Mississippi State are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- Mississippi State are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- Mississippi State are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games played in November.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Mississippi State’s last 15 games played on a Thursday.
- Mississippi State are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games played on a Thursday when playing at home.
Louisville vs Mississippi State Betting Pick
Last time out, Louisville hosted the Detroit Mercy Titans and struggled to a 73-67 victory. This game was tied at 67 with 1:39 to go, but Louisville hit a three with 1:17 remaining to take the lead and the win. Dre Davis led the team with 18 points and nine rebounds and added one assist and two steals. Malik Williams filled up the stat sheet with 11 points, nine rebounds, three assists, and two steals. Detroit shot 40.7% from the field, 36.0% from beyond the arc, and hit just 10 of the 16 free throws, good for 62.5%.
Mississippi State used a big second half to knock off the Morehead State Eagles 66-46 in Starkville. The Bulldogs led by one at the half but dominated from the start of the second half and easily got the win in the end. Iverson Molinar filled up the box score with 15 points, seven rebounds, six assists, and two steals. D.J. Jeffries notched a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Morehead State shot just 33.3% from the field, 32.0% from the three-point line, and 75.0% from the free-throw line.