The Blue Chip Casino is a riverboat and land-based casino and resort property in Michigan City. The property is on the Trail Creek off of Michigan Boulevard. It is directly east of the Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets mall. The Blue Chip is about thirty-five miles west of South Bend and sixty miles east of Chicago Illinois.
Boyd Gaming owns the Blue Chip Casino. The venue has been operating since 1997 and was renovated in 2006 and 2009.
The casino has a full gaming hall, plus a sportsbook run by FanDuel. The Blue Chip is also a member of the B Connected reward system run by Boyd Gaming.
About the Blue Chip Sportsbook
The FanDuel Sportsbook at the Blue Chip Casino features various betting options on all your favorite sports. The sportsbook features nearly 3,000 square feet of space for wagering and watching sports.
There are five betting windows at the sportsbook ready to take your wagers. You can review the latest odds and bets on the many screens near the betting windows.
There are twenty-two television screens throughout the sportsbook. You’ll also find two sports tickers that display the latest scores and schedules for each major league.
The sportsbook is to the left of the casino’s main entrance. It is open each day at 10 a.m., and it closes at 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 10 p.m. every other day. You can cash in a winning ticket at the casino cage if the sportsbook is closed.
Bet on All Your Favorites
You can place bets on all your favorite sporting events at the Blue Chip Casino’s FanDuel Sportsbook. The sportsbook features wagering for all your favorite sports, plus you can watch those events on one of the venue’s screens. The sportsbook has access to all the sports subscription packages, including NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings.
You can place wagers on various sports at the FanDuel Sportsbook, including on:
- NFL and NCAA football
- NBA, WNBA, and NCAA basketball
- Ice hockey
- Soccer, including both American and European leagues
- Auto racing, including IndyCar and NASCAR
- Boxing, MMA, and other combat sports
You can place bets on games involving all your favorite Indiana sports teams, including the Colts, Pacers, Fever, Indy Eleven, Fighting Irish, Hoosiers, Mastodons, Purple Aces, and more.
Wagering on esports and events involving competitors under eighteen is prohibited at the FanDuel Sportsbook per Indiana state law.
What Types of Bets Are Available?
The FanDuel Sportsbook supports various bets. Here are some of the wagers you can place at the FanDuel Sportsbook:
- Straight or moneyline
- Prop, including game and player props
- Live or in-game wagers
- Half, quarter, period, and first five inning bets
- Round robins
You can also utilize one of many specialty bets on different sports. Here are some of the more popular specialty bets available at the FanDuel Sportsbook:
- First Basket – Pick who will score the first points in a basketball game.
- Wire-To-Wire – Bet that a team will lead a game at the end of each quarter or period. The wire-to-wire wager means that you feel the team will keep the lead throughout the game.
- Alternate Run Lines – You can choose the run line or spread for a baseball game. The odds will increase or decrease depending on the run line you choose.
- Double Result – This ice hockey bet entails choosing who will be ahead at the end of the first period and leading at the end of the third. You may also bet that the score will be a draw at either or both of those periods.
- Top 5/10/20 Bet – The golf bet involves you picking a golfer who you feel will reach either the top five, ten, or twenty in a tournament. The odds will pay out more if you narrow the bet.
- Boxing and MMA Props – You can utilize various props in a boxing or MMA event, including the method of victory, whether the fight will go the distance, and when the bout would end.
Online Wagering At the FanDuel Sportsbook
The FanDuel Sportsbook is also available online if you’re unable to reach the Blue Chip Casino. The FanDuel Sportsbook is available for Indiana bettors through its partnerships with Boyd Gaming’s Indiana casinos, the Blue Chip and Belterra Casinos.
You can use the FanDuel Sportsbook on your home computer or mobile device to place wagers on sports. The online sportsbook includes the same odds and betting choices that you will find at the Blue Chip Casino. You must be in the state of Indiana to access the sportsbook and to reach your account.
The online sportsbook offers a risk-free bet for new punters. You can place a bet of up to $500 after you sign up for play and complete your first deposit on the website. You will collect your bet value as site credit if you are unsuccessful.
What the Blue Chip Casino Floor Features
There is close to 65,000 square feet of gaming space on the Blue Chip Casino floor. You’ll find close to two thousand games throughout the venue.
The casino is open each day from 8 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Slots and Video Poker
There are about 1,900 slot machines around the Blue Chip Casino. These include penny slots and high-stakes machines worth $10 or $25 per game.
There are about a hundred video poker machines around the casino. These include machines with minimum bets from a quarter to a dollar.
You will find more than forty table games throughout the Blue Chip Casino. These include such popular games as:
- Three-card poker
- Caribbean stud poker
- Mississippi stud poker
- High-card flush
Some of the poker-based table games feature progressive jackpots. You can place a side bet and win more money if you get a high-value hand.
The Caribbean Stud, Three-Card Poker, and Mississippi Stud Poker tables all feature progressive jackpots. These totals can be worth thousands of dollars, with the Caribbean Stud jackpot being $60,000 or more on occasion.
The Blue Chip Casino poker room features tournaments throughout the day. You can check on the daily poker schedule to see what tournaments are coming, the poker formats involved in those events, and the buy-ins and prize pools.
Earning Rewards At the Blue Chip Casino
Like other Boyd Gaming properties, the Blue Chip Casino is a member of the B Connected network. The B Connected reward system provides you with membership points when you play games and make purchases at the Blue Chip and other Boyd properties.
You can sign up to join the B Connected program at the Blue Chip Casino. You can then use your B Connected card on the casino floor. You’ll earn points based on the games you play, how long you play them, and how much you spend.
You can utilize one of many rewards as part of the B Connected system. These include rewards like:
- Cashback offers on what you spend on casino games
- Dining discounts, including at William B’s Steakhouse
- Gift shop discounts
- Access to VIP lounges and events
- Free stays at various Boyd Gaming locations, including at Ameristar St. Charles or Kansas City or the Orleans in Las Vegas