Most online sportsbooks offer a variety of different payment options to their customers. These include online banking, PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, and many others. In particular, Visa debit cards and credit cards are many sports bettors’ go-to methods for funding their accounts.
In this article, we will provide a complete guide for Visa betting in the United States, including the top options for Visa deposits and withdrawals, the steps to take to start betting with Visa, the Visa options available to users, and much more!
Top Sportsbooks & Bonuses With Visa
|Visa Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Promo Code|
$1,000 First Bet on Caesars
Bet $5 Win $150 in Bonus Bets
|Just Click This Link|
Bet $10 Get $200 Instantly In Bonus Bets
Bet $5 Get $150 + No Sweat SGP Daily
Click To Claim
Second chance bet up to $500
Bet $5 Get $150 or $1000 First Bet
Best Sportsbooks for Visa Deposits & Withdrawals
When it comes to making Visa deposits and withdrawals, there are many high-quality online sportsbooks for you to consider. A few of the most popular options are described in further detail below!
1. FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel is one of the most well-known sportsbooks that allow online sports betting with Visa debit and credit cards. There are no transaction fees through FanDuel, and the minimum limit for both deposits and withdrawals is $10. In addition, Visa deposits with FanDuel are immediate, and the processing time for Visa withdrawals on FanDuel is up to 48 hours for your first payout and only 24 hours for all subsequent payouts.
2. DraftKings Sportsbook
Another great option for betting with Visa is DraftKings Sportsbook. Visa deposits and withdrawals through DraftKings are widely available across the United States. There are also no additional fees or charges associated with Visa transactions on DraftKings. The minimum deposit amount is $5, and the minimum withdrawal amount is set at $10. Additionally, the maximum amount for Visa withdrawals is $25,000. The typical payout speed for withdrawals through Visa debit cards is 24 hours (1 day).
You may also want to consider BetMGM Sportsbook for your sports betting needs. Customers can make Visa deposits of as little as $10, and Visa withdrawal maximums are set at $25,000. Just like DraftKings and FanDuel, there are no additional fees charged by BetMGM for transactions. Furthermore, Visa withdrawals through BetMGM have a typical processing time of just 24 hours. However, all withdrawals are subject to an internal review that can take up to five days.
Pros & Cons of Betting With Visa
There is a long list of benefits when it comes to using Visa debit cards and credit cards to fund your sports betting account. First, deposits are almost always immediate, meaning you will be able to start placing bets as soon as you enter your card information and select the amount you wish to deposit. Second, Visa deposits are very convenient, as you can transfer funds in the comfort of your home and at any time or on any given day.
Furthermore, Visa is a well-established brand. It is a trusted leader in digital payment technology for customers all over the world. You can always rest easy knowing that your payments and card information are safe and secure. Lastly, Visa payments are widely accepted and almost certain to be an option for any sportsbook you choose.
On the other hand, there are a few downsides to betting with Visa of which you should be aware. First, payouts are not immediate, as they generally are if you are betting in person. Withdrawal times vary among different sports betting sites, but you may have to wait up to a week to receive your payout.
It is also important to note that Visa credit cards may incur additional fees when making deposits, so it is important to always be mindful of this possibility and keep a lookout for extra charges that may be required. In addition, some sportsbooks allow deposits with Visa cards but do not offer it as one of their withdrawal methods. As a result, you may be required to choose another option such as online banking, Apple Pay, PayPal, or Venmo.
How To Start Betting With Visa
It is very easy and doesn’t take long at all to join a new platform, make a Visa deposit, and start placing wagers on all your favorite sports and leagues. Just follow the steps below to get started!
- Choose a Sportsbook: The first step is choosing which platform to join. Pick an appealing and reliable sportsbook that best fits your personal preferences and specific betting needs.
- Sign Up and Create an Account: Begin to register for an account. You will need to enter all necessary personal information. This will generally include name, address, phone number, etc. If interested, you may also enter a promo code to take advantage of a betting site’s welcome offer to new customers.
- Complete the Verification Process: You will then generally need to verify your account. This may require uploading photo identification, confirming your email address and phone number, or verifying your location.
- Make Your Visa Deposit: Once you have verified your account, you are ready to make your first deposit using a Visa card. Select the “Visa” option, choose your desired deposit amount, and enter your card’s information (e.g., card number, expiration date, and security code).
- Start Placing Wagers: Funds are typically credited to your account immediately, and you may then begin placing wagers on any sporting events or matchups available on the platform.
- Withdraw Funds When Ready: When you are ready to withdraw funds from your account, choose the “cash-out” option and select the amount you wish to wish to withdraw. Payout times will vary across different sportsbooks, but you will likely receive your funds within 2-3 business days.
What Visa Options Are Available At Sportsbooks?
There are four different types of Visa cards that can be used as payment options for most U.S. sportsbooks. Each option is described in further detail below.
- Visa Debit Card: Customers find it very easy and convenient to make payments with their Visa debit card. You can immediately transfer funds from your checking account to your sports betting account and avoid any additional fees or charges.
- Visa Credit Card: Another popular option among sports bettors is using their Visa credit cards. Customers can immediately add funds to their accounts with their online sportsbook and also have the opportunity to earn special benefits associated with their Visa credit card, including travel perks, online shopping discounts, and even cash back.
- Visa Prepaid Card: Many online betting platforms will issue their own Visa prepaid cards that allow for both immediate deposits and withdrawals. You can add funds from another card at any time, and this option gives you the ability to set a betting maximum for yourself each month.
- Visa Gift Card: Visa gift cards are very similar to Visa prepaid cards; however, gift cards cannot be reloaded. This option is also very convenient but is generally designed for one-time use.
How To Pick the Best Visa Sportsbooks
You will likely want to consider a wide range of important factors (beyond payment options) when selecting the online sportsbook that works best for you. For instance, it is always a good idea to consider the welcome offer currently available when you sign up on the platform. You may be hoping to find first-bet insurance in case your initial wager isn’t a winner, or you may prefer the opportunity to claim some bonus bets to help your betting experience off to a great start.
In addition, you will want to consider the customer service offered by a platform. When you have any problems depositing or withdrawing funds, it is extremely valuable to be able to receive quick assistance and have your questions answered in a timely manner.
Furthermore, you may enjoy a variety of bet types and alternative lines/totals in order to give yourself more options to choose from when placing your bets. Or you may be interested in a sport or league that is not too common in the United States; therefore, you may want a betting platform that has incredible market depth and gives you access to sports and leagues from all over the world.
Overall, there are many different qualities of a sportsbook that you will want to take into account when making your decision. However, it is very important to make sure that your preferred platform allows you to make deposits and withdrawals with a reliable, convenient option such as Visa debit cards and credit cards.
Other Popular Payment Options
If you are considering using another payment option besides Visa, a list of other popular options commonly offered by U.S. online sportsbooks is provided below.
- Apple Pay
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer
In addition, you may be able to make cash deposits with various betting platforms using PayNearMe or by visiting their partnering casinos within your state.