NJ Sportsbooks & Sports Betting Apps
The East Coast hub of sports betting in the United States is undoubtedly New Jersey. Through the efforts of Ray Lesniak, Stephen Sanders, Chris Christie, and eventually Phil Murphy of Murphy v. NCAA fame, the U.S. Supreme Court overturned PASPA on May 14, 2018 by a 7-2 vote.
Shortly thereafter, all of the plans that had been put in place by the New Jersey casinos and racetracks took shape as the first legal bet was placed on July 14.
There are 10 land-based sportsbooks in New Jersey that take bets, with eight of them in Atlantic City. The Meadowlands and Monmouth Park racetracks are in East Rutherford and Oceanport, respectively.
There are 15 operators for mobile and online betting in New Jersey. They are DraftKings, William Hill, PointsBet, FanDuel, SugarHouse (nee BetRivers), Unibet, 888sport, Fox Bet, BetMGM, Borgata, Resorts, Hard Rock, Golden Nugget, BetAmerica, and Caesars.
Here at ATS, we have comprehensive and informative reviews of all of the online sportsbooks and mobile operators in the great state of New Jersey. We have rated these sportsbooks on a variety of different factors to produce an overall rating for user experience that includes evaluation of the amount of sports betting options, including live betting and in-play wagering, the look and appearance of the app, the reliability, the cashier options, and the bonuses and promotions.Read more
#1 | PointsBet
PointsBet is the New Jersey’s best new online bookmaker, offering all your traditional fixed odds markets (Sports) + the world’s most exciting sports betting format, PointsBetting – where winnings or losses aren’t fixed, but depend on how correct your bet is
#2 | DraftKings
The longtime daily fantasy sports operator DraftKings got their Sports betting start in New Jersey with a strong mobile sports betting app and currently offers betting in DraftKings currently offers sports betting in NJ, PA, WV, IN, NH and IA
Terms & Conditions Apply
DraftKings currently offers sports betting in NJ, PA, WV, IN, NH and IA. In each instance, it has partnered with a local venue, opening the DraftKings-branded live sportsbook and app. The longtime daily fantasy sports operator DraftKings is now one of the leading online sportsbook operators in the US. DraftKings offers a $1,000 sign up offer to new users.
#3 | William Hill
With more than 100 locations William Hill US is America’s sports betting leader. William Hill offers the most diverse betting menu throughout the year on everything.
- Hail Mary Parlays – Get 15% back on all of your losing parlay wagers, When you parlay 4+ legs on Saturday College Football Games
- Saturday Upset Special – Place a Money Line bet on a +300 or greater underdog, Earn 100% cash back if your team loses by 6 points or less
- Trifecta Sweep – Place 3 bets on the Monday night football game! If you win the full-game spread, total and 1st-half spread: We’ll boost your winnings by $50!
- Gridiron Live – Bet live football for a weekly bonus! Get $10 when you bet $200+ on InPlay football bets. Get $100 if you bet $2,500+
#4 | Sugarhouse
SugarHouse is among the biggest names in Pennsylvania casinos. It’s one of the first to enter the Pennsylvania sports betting market, and is now a fully operational sports betting operation in New Jersey.
#5 | BetAmerica
Owned by Churchill Downs Incorporated, the home of the Kentucky Derby, they have a proud history of providing safe, secure, and fun betting to American patrons.
Terms & Conditions Apply
- $1000 Risk-Free Bet! Owned by Churchill Downs Inc – First time depositors get a risk free bet up to $1000!
- Double Your Payout – Every week get a bonus on the Thursday night football game, first touchdown scored.
- 100% Casino Welcome – Get 100% up to $1000 on your fist deposit.
- Live Bet Bonus – Live Bet $20 and get $20 bonus bet on your first wager
#6 | 888Sport
As a multi-award-winning brand, 888 has won the trust, admiration, and respect of millions of players the world over. Their sports betting platform is among the finest in the world, and now available in New Jersey.