Who: Western Kentucky vs UTSA
Time: December 3, 2021 7:00 EST
Venue: Alamodome – San Antonio, TX
Western Kentucky vs UTSA Odds:
Moneyline: WKU +112 | UTSA -138
Spread: WKU +2.5 (-110) | UTSA -2.5 (-110)
Total: Under 71.5 (-106) | Over 71.5 (-114)
Western Kentucky vs UTSA Betting Preview
The Conference USA Championship is set for Friday night when the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (8-4, 7-1) take on the UTSA Roadrunners (11-1, 7-1). UTSA is making their first appearance in the championship game while Western Kentucky is looking for their third title, first since 2016. This game will air live on CBS Sports Network.
Through the regular season, the WKU offense is averaging 42.4 points per game and 528.7 yards per game, 431.4 through the air and 97.4 on the ground. Defensively, the Hilltoppers are allowing 27.5 points and 419.2 yards, 267.6 passing and 151.5 rushing.
The UTSA offense is averaging 38.2 points per game and 439.6 yards per game, 263.0 through the air and 176.6 on the ground. Defensively, the Roadrunners are allowing 20.1 points and 336.8 yards, 235.1 passing and 101.7 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and UTSA Roadrunners.
Western Kentucky vs UTSA Betting Stats
- Western Kentucky are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Western Kentucky’s last 15 games.
- Western Kentucky are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games.
- Western Kentucky are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- Western Kentucky are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Western Kentucky are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Western Kentucky’s last 7 games played in December.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Western Kentucky’s last 6 games played in week 14.
- Texas-San Antonio are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas-San Antonio’s last 5 games.
- Texas-San Antonio are 11-1 SU in their last 12 games.
- Texas-San Antonio are 9-0 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- Texas-San Antonio are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas-San Antonio’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas-San Antonio’s last 5 games when playing as the favorite.
Western Kentucky vs UTSA Betting Pick
Last time out, WKU overcame a slow first half to win 53-21 at the Marshall Thundering Herd. WKU trailed 14-6 at the half, but went off in the second half and scored 30 unanswered points to take control of the game. Bailey Zappe went 25/48 for 328 yards, four touchdowns, and zero interceptions on the day. Daewood Davis hauled in three balls for 105 yards and two touchdowns in this one. Defensively, the Hilltoppers allowed 325 total yards and forced two Marshall turnovers, one interception and one fumble.
The UTSA perfect season came to an end with a 45-23 road loss to the North Texas Green Mean. This game was 17-13, North Texas, midway through the second quarter, but the Mean Green scored the next 28 points to take and commanding lead and pull off the upset. Three different UTSA passers went a combined 121/27 for 161 yards, one touchdown, zero interceptions, and combined for 72 rushing yards and one touchdown. Defensively, the Roadrunners allowed 456 total yards and recovered two North Texas lost fumbles.
Western Kentucky vs UTSA Series History: UTSA won the regular season meeting earlier this season to tie the all-time series up at one win a piece.