SMU vs Houston Betting Odds
When: February 27, 2022, at 12:30 p.m. EST
Venue: Fertitta Center – Houston, TX
SMU vs Houston Betting Preview
A blockbuster American Athletic Conference game is set for Sunday afternoon when the SMU Mustangs (20-6, 11-3 in AAC) visit the Houston Cougars (23-4, 12-2). Joe Lunardi currently has Houston as the fifth seed in the East region and SMU as the last team out of the tournament. This game will air live on ESPN.
SMU is scoring 74.9 points per game, is shooting 45.3% from the field, and dish out 14.2 assists. Defensively, the Mustangs are allowing 66.9 points, are grabbing 38.2 rebounds, blocking 4.4 shots, and stealing the ball 6.2 times.
Houston is scoring 76.3 points per game, is shooting 46.7% from the field, and assist on 16.2 shots. Defensively, the Cougars are allowing 59.0 points and are averaging 39.5 rebounds, 5.4 blocks, and 8.2 steals per game.
SMU vs Houston Betting Trends
- SMU is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Southern Methodist’s last 10 games.
- SMU is 17-3 SU in their last 20 games.
- SMU is 2-7 SU in their last 9 games against Houston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Southern Methodist’s last 7 games on the road.
- SMU is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Houston.
- SMU is 8-2 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Southern Methodist’s last 10 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- SMU is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in February.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 7 games.
- Houston is 15-2 SU in their last 17 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 9 games against Southern Methodist.
- Houston is 19-1 SU in their last 20 games at home.
- Houston is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Southern Methodist.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 7 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Houston’s last 10 games played in February.
- Houston is 12-6 ATS in their last 18 games played on a Sunday.
- Houston is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Sunday when playing at home.
SMU vs Houston Prediction
Last time out, SMU hosted Tulsa and got a comfortable 75-61 win. This game was tight at the half, but SMU came out firing and ended up putting the game on ice early in the second half. Marcus Weathers had a big night with 14 points, 13 rebounds, three assists, and one block. Four Mustangs scored 11+ points on the night. Tulsa shot 36.4% from the field, 36.4% from three, and made 13 of their 15 free throws.
Houston visited Tulane and left with an impressive 81-67 win. The Cougars led by five at the half but pulled away right after the break and ended up with a comfortable win. Taze Moore had a big game with 18 points, nine rebounds, four assists, and one block. Tulane shot 41.1% from the field, 36.0% from beyond the arc, and made 12 of their 17 free throws.