Giants vs Rockies Betting Odds
When: August 19, 2022, at 8:40 p.m. EDT
Venue: Coors Field – Denver, CO
Giants vs Rockies Betting Preview
A National League West series begins Friday night when the San Francisco Giants (59-59, 25-30 away) visit the Colorado Rockies. San Francisco is trying to stay in the Wild Card race as they are now 5.5 games back of the San Diego Padres for that third, and final, spot. This game will air live on ESPN+.
Joc Pederson is the main power source for San Francisco as he leads the team with 17 home runs and Wilmer Flores leads the way with 58 RBIs. Thairo Estrada has a team high .266 batting average on the season. The Giants are batting .235 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.88 ERA and 1.27 WHIP.
Bet $5 Get $200 + $150 in No Sweat Bets
First Bet Offer
C.J. Cron has been mashing this season and he leads the Rockies with 23 home runs and 80 RBIs. Jose Iglesias has a team high .314 batting average. Colorado is hitting .261 and the pitchers have posted a 5.08 ERA and 1.47 WHIP.
Giants vs Rockies Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games.
- San Francisco are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- San Francisco are 13-3 SU in their last 16 games against Colorado.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games on the road.
- San Francisco are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games when playing on the road against Colorado.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- San Francisco are 3-15 SU in their last 18 games against an opponent in the National League West Division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado’s last 6 games.
- Colorado are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Colorado’s last 14 games at home.
- Colorado are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games when playing at home against San Francisco.
- Colorado are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League West Division.
Giants vs Rockies Pick & Prediction
Last time out, San Francisco split their series against Arizona after losing 5-0 Thursday. The Dbacks got plenty of hits, 13 on the day, and took advantage in the middle innings as they scored all five runs between the third and fifth innings. Evan Longoria went 2-3 with one double in the loss. Zac Gallen improved to 9-2 and Logan Webb fell to 11-6 on the year.
Colorado suffered a road sweep when they lost to San Francisco 13-0 Thursday afternoon. St. Louis scored early and often as it was 10-0 after three innings in this one. The Rockies were outhit 15-4 in the loss. Adam Wainwright improved to 9-8 and Antonio Senzatela fell to 3-7 on the season.
Pitching Matchup: Alex Wood (8-9, 4.18 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) vs Jose Urena (1-4, 4.80 ERA, 1.60 WHIP)