Rays vs Red Sox Betting Odds
When: July 05, 2022, at 7:10 p.m. EDT
Venue: Fenway Park – Boston, MA
Rays vs Red Sox Betting Preview
An American League East series continues Tuesday night when the Tampa Bay Rays (43-37, 18-20 away) visit the Boston Red Sox (45-35, 21-16 home). The Yankees have already wrapped up the AL East, but both these teams currently occupy two of the three Wild Card spots. This game will air live on TBS.
The Rays have been balanced at the dish this season as they are led by Isaac Paredes 13 home runs and Ji-Man Choi’s 36 RBIs. Yandy Diaz has a team high .283 batting average on the season. Tampa Bay is hitting .236 and the pitchers have posted a 3.31 ERA and 1.14 WHIP.
Risk Free Bet
Bet $5 Win $200
Rafael Devers is having another brilliant season as he leads the Red Sox with a .327 batting average and 17 home runs. Trevor Story has a team high 53 RBIs this season. Boston is batting .261 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.57 ERA and 1.20 WHIP.
Rays vs Red Sox Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games.
- Tampa Bay are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against Boston.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games on the road.
- Tampa Bay are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games against an opponent in the American League.
- Tampa Bay are 5-10 SU in their last 15 games against an opponent in the American League East Division.
- Boston are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games against Tampa Bay.
- Boston are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Boston are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Boston’s last 14 games played in July.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 6 games played on a Tuesday when at home.
Read our in-depth review of FanDuel Sportsbook to learn more about a $1000 Risk Free No sweat first bet promotion.
Rays vs Red Sox Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Boston won the opening game of this series with a 4-0-win Monday afternoon. The Red Sox used some timely hits and great pitching to get the win over one of their AL rivals. In the loss, Tampa Bay was held to just two hits, one by Yandy Diaz and one by Wander Franco.
Trevor Story went 2- 4wiht one home run, one RBI and one run scored in the win. Kutter Crawford improved to 2-2, Josh Fleming dropped to 2-4 and John Schreiber saved his third game of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Jeffrey Springs (3-2, 2.25 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) vs Nick Pivetta (8-5, 3.23 ERA, 1.12 WHIP)