Seattle vs Houston Betting Odds
When: May 2, 2022, at 8:10 p.m. EST
Venue: Minute Maid Park – Houston, TX
Seattle vs Houston Betting Preview
An American League West battle begins Monday night when the Seattle Mariners (12-10, 5-8 away) visit the Houston Astros (11-11, 2-4 home). The Mariners won two of the three when these two teams played earlier in the season.
Ty France has been a beast at the plate, and he leads Seattle with five home runs and 21 RBIs. J.P. Crawford is seeing the ball well and has a team high .372 batting average. The Mariners are hitting .234 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.28 ERA and 1.20 WHIP.
The Astros have been balanced at the plate and they are led by Chas McCormick’s .288 batting average, Yordan Alvarez and his six home runs, and Kyle Tucker’s 15 RBIs. Houston is batting just .214 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.59 ERA and 1.22 WHIP.
Seattle vs Houston Betting Trends
- Seattle are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- Seattle are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Seattle’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Houston.
- Seattle are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Seattle’s last 8 games against an opponent in the American League West Division division.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games.
- Houston are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 6 games against Seattle.
- Houston are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston’s last 6 games when playing at home against Seattle.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Houston’s last 11 games against an opponent in the American League.
- Houston are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games played in May.
Seattle vs Houston Mets Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Seattle avoided the sweep with a 7-3 win at Miami. The Mariners led 5-0 before the Marlins got on the board. J.P. Crawford went 2-3 with one home run, one double, one walk, one RBI and two runs. Logan Gilbert improved to 4-0 and Sandy Alcantara fell to 2-1 in 2022.
Houston lost the Sunday rubber game 3-2 at Toronto. This game was tied at two heading into the bottom of the seventh, but a Santiago Espinal drove in the go-ahead run for the win. Kevin Gausman improved to 2-1, Framber Valdez dropped to 1-2, and Jordan Romano already recorded his 11th save of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Marco Gonzales (1-2, 3.86 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) vs Jake Odorizzi (1-2, 6.00 ERA, 1.67 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!