Reds vs Pirates Betting Odds
When: May 12, 2022, at 6:35 p.m. EDT
Venue: PNC Park – Pittsburgh, PA
Reds vs Pirates Betting Preview
A real barnburner is set for Thursday night when the Cincinnati Reds (7-24, 2-15 away) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (13-17, 7-8 home). The Reds are the worst team in the league and could set some records this season. This game will air live on ESPN+.
The Reds cannot hit, but Brandon Drury leads them with a .267 batting average and six home runs. Colin Moran has driven in a team high 20 RBI’s. Cincinnati is batting .217 and the pitchers have recorded a 6.61 ERA and 1.64 WHIP.
Pittsburgh has been balanced at the dish and are led by Ke’Bryan Hayes .320 batting average, Daniel Vogelbach’s five home runs, and Ben Gamel’s 14 RBIs. The Pirates are batting .238 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.81 ERA and 1.37 WHIP.
Reds vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Cincinnati’s last 10 games.
- Cincinnati are 5-15 SU in their last 20 games.
- Cincinnati are 13-7 SU in their last 20 games against Pittsburgh.
- Cincinnati are 0-10 SU in their last 10 games on the road.
- Cincinnati are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division division.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games against Cincinnati.
- Pittsburgh are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- Pittsburgh are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Cincinnati.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 9 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Pittsburgh’s last 15 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division division.
Reds vs Pirates Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Cincinnati won their series against Milwaukee with a 14-11 win. This was a wild game that saw each team score six runs late in the game, but the Brewers six runs in the top of the ninth made the game seem much close than it appeared. Alexis Diaz improved to 1-0 and Adrian Houser dropped to 3-3 on the season.
Pittsburgh won their series against the Dodgers with a 5-3 win on Wednesday. The Pirates scored one run in the seventh and one in the eighth to break a late 3-3 tie. Dan Vogelbach got the game winning hit with his solo home run in the bottom of the seventh. Wil Crowe improved to 2-2, Daniel Hudson dropped to 1-2 and David Bednar notched his fifth save of 2022.
Pitching Matchup: Connor Overton (0-0, 2.53 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) vs JT Brubaker (0-2, 5.68 ERA, 1.03 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!